† | Chapter Two | †

† | CHAPTER TWO | †

† | GET ALONG | †

The next morning, as Alastor got up to leave his room, he'd expected Vox to have gotten lazy and gone home already, but much to his dismay Vox was sitting in the living room with Charlie and the others, doing an activity already. Alastor felt his blood boil with anger as he walked over. "What is this? Charlie, don't we usually do this things a little... Later, in the mornings?"

Alastor huffed. "Oh, yeah, but Vox said that starting earlier in the morning would give us more time to work with sinners and rehabilitate them more effectively!" She chimes, smiling happily as she found her idea absolutely wonderful. Vox gave Alastor a smug look and Alastor grimaced, still smiling. "How peachy."

† • 🍷• 📺 • 🍷 • †

As the day continued on, Vox acted like he was so interested in being redeemed, his short temper never getting to him. All he felt was pride as he saw the frustrated look on Alastor's face.

Of course, Vox didn't have any real interest in being redeemed, he just wanted to prove himself to Alastor.

Alastor, on the other hand, while angry at Vox for being inside the hotel, couldn't say anything to Charlie, as he "technically" counted as a patron for the hotel, which urked Alastor to no end.

There was a pooling hatred in Alastor's stomach but he kept himself in check.

He couldn't risk losing Charlie's trust if he were to lash out.

Eventually it was time for everyone to return to their rooms for the night, Vox being stopped by Alastor in front of his door.

† • 🍷 • 📺 • 🍷 • †

"We need to talk."

Alastor huffed, his voice going static.

I can't stand looking at this pompous blue shark for another second!

Alastor thought, stepping back but keeping his cane in front of Vox's door. "Sure, what is it?" Vox tilts his head, clearly feeling cocky right now. The two never really saw eye to eye, although there was a point in which they tried. As one could imagine, that didn't end well. "You may have everyone else wrapped around your finger but I'm not falling for it. I want you out." Alastor grumbled, his smile painfully tight at the moment. Vox paused, chuckling softly and leaning against the wall. "You know Alastor, I think I'll stick around. I really have changed, but it seems you're incapable of it."

"Excuse you? I can't change? Says the one who knew damn well that-" Alastor stopped himself before he would say something he'd regret. He pulled in his cane, running his fingers through his hair and letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. "Nevermind then. I still want you out." He continued, now more calm and collected. Vox growls silently before folding his arms. "You can't tell me to leave, Charlotte seems to like me just fine here."

"It's. Charlie."

Alastor corrected through gritted teeth. Vox rolled his eyes, before opening the door to his room. "Alright, Charlie likes me just fine here. I can't just ruin her dreams, can I?" Vox chuckled, referring to Charlie wanting to redeem sinners like him. "You may act like you've changed Vox, but you've always been a low hitter. And you still are. I can't believe I ever tolerated you." Alastor huffed, following Vox into his room.