🪶 # 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 | PROLOGUE

In the dead of night, Crowford Manor loomed like a specter against the moonlit sky, its ancient stones weathered by time and shadowed by secrets long buried

In the dead of night, Crowford Manor loomed like a specter against the moonlit sky, its ancient stones weathered by time and shadowed by secrets long buried. The ivy that clung to its walls twisted like grasping fingers, a harbinger of what lurked beneath these hallowed halls.

Within the confines of the manor's sprawling estate, a shadowy figure moved stealthily through the corridors, their footsteps muffled by the thick carpeting underfoot. Mr. Crowford, the last scion of his lineage, had returned home, his steps heavy with an unspoken burden.

The air was thick with a palpable sense of dread, as if the very walls themselves held their breath. In the dim glow of flickering candlelight, a scene of chaos unfolded. Amidst the ornate furnishings and faded tapestries the lifeless form of a soul laid bare upon the cold, unforgiving floor. The mirror above reflected a shattered image of the once-glorious room, now tainted by the stain of violence, as lifeless eyes stared blankly at the ceiling, a silent witness to the violence that had befallen them.

And then, with the first light of dawn breaking over the horizon, a sirens' song pierced the silence of the morning. A mournful cry heralding the arrival of justice.

Just moments before the authorities, Ms. Ravenwood, an intrepid investigative reporter with a penchant for intrigue, arrived at the manor, her keen gaze taking in the scene. A faint glimmer of anticipation danced in her eyes, as if the promise of a story worth telling beckoned her closer.

Amidst the gnarled branches that clawed at the sky, a third figure emerged from the shadows with a quiet grace, his presence a mere whisper in the night. Mr. Doe, the caretaker of Crowford Manor. Living on the estate, he was as much a part of the shadows as the secrets that lurked within.

And while the three converged upon the scene of the crime, a web of mysteries began to weave itself around them, casting shadows of mistrust upon their every move. Suspicion hung heavy in the air and in the stillness of the night, the stage was set for a tale of deception and betrayal, ready to unravel in the days to come.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
© eggyeuls, 2024