Chapter One

My eyes flutter open as the sun hits my forehead I groan and push myself up rubbing my eyes I open them mostly ripping them open from how tired I am. I look around and check the time, great it's the crack of fucking dawn my head is spinning.

I toss the blanket off me and slip my feet into my slippers grabbing my clothes from by side of the cabinet watching as the others sleep except for Anne who most of the mornings is up around 5 so I woke up a hour later a bit late on time but that's fine. I turn on the shower as the steam slowly fills the closed bathroom i let my sleeping gown fall to the floor and take my hair down since it's all ratty I slip into the shower sighing as I get the hot water. I grab the vanilla shampoo bottle and place some into my hand before scrubbing and rinsing.

Once im done showering I step out and brush my hair putting my outfit that I plan to wear while walking tot eh station. Today me and Anne will be going to the station since we just got adopted, well she did I got adopted kind of but just to do house work and to educate myself which I am grateful for.

I put on my bra and a pair of matching panties I put on my tights then my ankle socks my Mary janes finally my corset and my dress.

~the outfit~

~back to the story~

~back to the story~

I place some rings that I have gotten from my mother before my father sent me away I step out the bathroom and look at Anne smiling.

"What has got u smiling like a geek hm?" I spoke out loud towards the red head walking to a near by mirror and putting half my hair up and half down letting two stands out I tie half my hair back with a black bow to match the dress.

"Well I'm just over the roof to be getting adopted and with someone who doesn't bully me" she squeals out as she packs and braids her hair.

I grin at her and grab my things walking towards the doors to leave waiting for Anne "Hurry now we've got to go before the train passes Anne!" I shout a little annoyed before seeing a little red headed girl running towards me. I open the doors and step out walking towards the station as Anne talks my ear off the whole way to Green Stables.

I see a man walk over to us "Camila Green and Ann?" He smiles and reaches his hand out, "My name is Mathew Cuthbert me and my sister have adopted you!"

I extend my hand and shake his "pleasure to meet you my names Camila this red head to the right of me is Ann with an e" I smile and look over at Anne.

"Pleasure to meet u sir! I absolutely love ur top! I saw one just like it and-" she continues on and on while I giggle at the man's face.

"W-well follow me we'll take the horse on back to the house where you can meet our farm boy Jerry and my sister who is ur mother." He grins at us and grabs our luggage taking it towards the horse placing it into a little space in the back helping us into the carriage I watch as Matthew smiles while Anne talks on it makes me happy how he doesn't mind her talking about her theory's. "Well we made it hop down and I'll bring ur luggage up shortly" Matthew grins and opens the fence for us as we walk.

"H-hello I'm woah.." a little boy about our age cuts himself off ass he stares at me and Anne "S-sorry I'm Jerry I work in the farm w-who will be helping me?" I smile at his nervousness and giggle.

"That would be me pleasure to meet you my name is Camila but call me Cami" I smile and shake his hand before walking off and letting him talk to Anne feeling his eyes stab through my back like lasers, I walk over to the old lady on the porch and extend my hand. "My name is Camila if you haven't already heard I will be helping with the barn!" She smiled at me but it didn't look to welcoming she stayed quiet and showed me to my room which was kind of bland no pop of color just grays which I didn't mind a small bed that could fit two people and a child looks like, a little cabinet to store my clothes and a vanity for all my make up and homework.

I smile at her at Ms. Cuthbert as she places a candle down on my side table of my bed before leaving. I set my room up and change into my sleeping gown before laying down on the bed and resting my eyes not falling asleep but close to.