🎧 The Downtown Girl Nymphet

On the heels of Back to School season, I wanted to revisit the Downtown Girl aesthetic for late summer and early fall! The Downtown Girl aesthetic, or what I'm calling the 'Downtown Girl Nymphet,' is inspired by living a laid-back and aesthetic city life, especially in the late summer and autumn! It incorporates casual elements, such as low rise jeans, Converse sneakers, and oversized sweaters, as well academic-inspired and classic vintage pieces to create a cozy, lived in, create, and care-free aesthetic :) The aesthetic definitely takes inspiration from the coquette and dark academia aesthetics, but is unique as it takes on its own casual, grungy sort of vibe. Downtown Girl Nymphets are cultured, artsy, smart, introverted, and sweet. They enjoy spending their days trying new cafes, wandering art museums, reading in the park, and hosting low-key last night friend dinners.

The Downtown Girl Nymphet aesthetic often includes things like:
• Oversized knit sweaters and cardigans
• Zip-up hoodies
• Low rise jeans
• Plaid skirts
• Converse sneakers
• Denim mini skirts
• Doc Martens or Mary Jane shoes
• Canvas tote bag or cross body bag
• Large over the ear headphones :)
• Baby tees or graphic t-shirts
• Long sleeve t-shirts, especially Henley tees and striped tees
• Oversized denim, leather, or letterman jackets :)

Something that is amazing about this aesthetic is that it is both easy to thrift, and can be easy to find in retail stores as well! Some retail stores that often carry Downtown Nymphet-esque clothes include Brandy Melville, H&M, Edikted, Aerie or American Eagle, and Hollister. When it comes to thrifting, search for old Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister at your local thrift store, or on Depop, Poshmark, or ThredUp! Those brands were a treasure trove of Downtown Girl clothing items. If you're looking for downtown girl fashion inspiration, look to the characters of Bella Swan, Alice Cullen, Elena Gilbert, and Rory Gilmore, or to Romney Ellen on YouTube.
In terms of hair and makeup, you can take a lot of liberties as the aesthetic accommodates a range of styles from subdued and subtle, to grungy and unique! Definitely wear your hair and makeup in ways that makes you feel the most confident :) That being said, you can definitely pull off a grungy eye or a deeper fall inspired lip color with this aesthetic!

Downtown Girl Nymphet Essentials:
- Hair clips, claw clips, headbands, and scrunchies!
- A book bag or backpack you love :)
- Notebooks, sketchbooks, pens, or pencils for journaling and sketching!
- Layers! (Layered shirts, sweaters, and jackets)
- The paperback you're currently reading
- Mascara for Bambi eyes
- A perfume or body mist to suit your cool and unique vibe :)
- Unique vintage jewelry!

Downtown Girl Nymphet Essentials: - Hair clips, claw clips, headbands, and scrunchies! - A book bag or backpack you love :) - Notebooks, sketchbooks, pens, or pencils for journaling and sketching! - Layers! (Layered shirts, sweaters, and jackets)-...