CHAPTER-13

They were all heading back to their mansion from shopping when Fahad received a call from Ahmed, his assistant. Haniya suggested, "Why don't you park on the side and then continue speaking? It's not good to talk on the phone while driving."

Fahad nodded and pulled over, as the conversation with Ahmed was making him angry and required his full attention. While Fahad was busy talking, Haniya informed everyone through the window that they would join later, to which they nodded and continued on their way. Two bodyguard cars also parked aside to stay with them, while the other cars went ahead.

Feeling bored in the car, Haniya saw that Fahad had stepped out to speak more freely. She decided to drive while he talked. She waited by his side until he finished his call, not wanting to disturb him.

When he finally finished, she said, "I want to drive the car."

Fahad replied, "No, you are not going to drive."

Haniya insisted, "I know how to drive, so why shouldn't I?"

Fahad firmly said, "No means no, Haniya. Understand it."

She then threatened, "If you don't allow me to drive, I'll go in the bodyguards' car and drive that."

Fahad sighed, "Haniya, why can't you understand? It's a sports car. You cannot handle it."

Haniya retorted, "Jab mein achi khasi BMW chala sakti hoon, toh phir ye kya meri haathon ki dhul hai?" (If I can drive a BMW, then this is nothing for me.) She dusted her hands for emphasis.

Fahad tried reasoning again, "BMW ki baat alag hai, Haniya. Dekho, ab raat bhi ho gayi hai. Isse acha hai mein car chalon." (Driving a BMW is different, Haniya. Look, it's already night. It's better if I drive.)

Haniya stubbornly said, "No, I want to drive, drive, drive," throwing a tantrum.

Fahad thought to himself, *Ab jab ye itni pyaar se bol rahi hai toh maan jaata hoon.* (Since she's asking so sweetly, I will agree.)

"Okay, okay, you can drive but slow, did you get that?" he conceded.

Haniya nodded eagerly and sat in the driver's seat while Fahad sat beside her. She started the car and sped towards the main road.

Fahad cautioned, "Haniya, tez mat chalao." (Haniya, don't drive fast.)

She teased, "Kyun, aapko dar lagta hai kya?" (Why, are you scared?)

Fahad replied, "Main kyun darunga speed se, par mujhe tumhara khayal rakhna padega na." (Why would I be scared of speed, but I have to take care of you.)

Haniya's thoughts raced, *When he said this, I turned towards him, looking at him. Then he said, 'Nahi toh Hammad aur Nanu meri achi khasi class le lenge.'* (Otherwise, Hammad and Nanu will give me a hard time.) She was still looking at him.

Fahad continued, "Agar tum mujhe is tarah dekho gi gaadi chalathe waqt, zyada se zyada ek bada accident ho sakta hai." (If you keep looking at me like this while driving, at most, there could be a big accident.)

Haniya turned her head back to the road and started blushing. *YeAhhhhhhhh, my heart was going boom boom and I wanted to jump and dance and what not, but I had to maintain because he was sitting right beside me.*

Fahad said again, "Slow karo, Haniya."

She complied and started driving slowly. After a few minutes, they reached the mansion. As they were getting out of the car, they saw all the younger ones were still outside. Haniya went towards them and asked, "Why are you all standing here?"

Inaya said, "Humlog abhi sirf 2 minute pehle pahuche." (We just arrived 2 minutes ago.)

Haniya said, "Kya abhi pahuche?" (Really, just now?)