CHAPTER 7

Aratrika sat in her office, a luxurious space with floor-to-ceiling windows that offered a panoramic view of the city. Her eyes were fixed on the documents in front of her, but her mind was elsewhere. She had made a decision—a bold, risky decision—but for Rudransh, she was willing to do anything. For the world, she was the formidable CEO of Chauhan Enterprises, but for him, she could be the biggest softie.

Her phone buzzed, breaking her reverie. It was a reminder for her interview at Rathore's and Co. today. She sighed, knowing that balancing her roles as a CEO and an employee would be challenging, but she steeled herself. She had to be close to Rudransh, no matter the cost.

Dressed in a simple yet elegant suit, Aratrika made her way to her Honda City, a car she had bought specifically for this purpose. No one should recognize her. As she drove towards Rathore's and Co., her mind raced with thoughts of how to maintain her disguise while excelling at her new job.

She parked her car in the company’s lot and took her gun. This was it. She walked towards the entrance with confidence, her heels clicking against the marble floor. As she approached the receptionist, she noticed the woman barely looked up from her computer.

"Excuse me, today's my interview," Aratrika said, keeping her voice even and polite.

The receptionist, without lifting her gaze, replied in an arrogant tone, "Yes, go to the 25th floor, and take a right from there."

Aratrika's hand instinctively clenched into a fist, her eyes momentarily darkening. She was used to being treated with respect, but she reminded herself of her mission and forced herself to relax. She gave a curt nod and headed towards the elevator.

Once on the 25th floor, she followed the receptionist's directions. The hallway was lined with people waiting for their turn. Aratrika joined them, standing with an air of calm that belied the storm of thoughts in her mind. After a two-hour wait, her name was finally called.

She walked into the interview room, her gaze sharp and focused. Three interviewers sat behind a large table, eyeing her curiously as she took a seat.

"Hello, I am Aratrika," she introduced herself in a cold, authoritative voice.

The interviewers exchanged glances, finding her demeanor strange but compelling. They began asking questions about her qualifications, experience, and why she wanted to join Rathore's and Co. Aratrika answered each question with precision, showcasing her extensive knowledge and skill without revealing her true identity.

Throughout the interview, she maintained her composed exterior, her eyes never wavering. The interviewers were impressed, albeit slightly intimidated by her presence. After a thorough round of questioning, they asked her to wait outside.

Aratrika sat in the waiting area, her mind replaying the interview. She knew she had done well; now it was just a matter of time. After what felt like an eternity, one of the interviewers came out and approached her.

"Congratulations, Ms. Aratrika. You have been selected for the position," he said with a polite smile.

Aratrika nodded, her face impassive, but internally she felt a surge of satisfaction. She thanked the interviewer and walked out of the building, a small, triumphant smile playing on her lips. She was now one step closer to Rudransh, ready to navigate this dual life for the sake of being near him.

As she drove back to her office at Chauhan Enterprises, she couldn’t help but feel a mix of excitement and anticipation. Her days were about to get a lot more complicated, but she thrived on challenges. And this challenge, above all, was worth every bit of effort. For Rudransh, she would be both the devil and the softie, whatever it took to be by his side.