One day in August.

Hey, I'm Mia. Mia Neumann. I am 17 years old and I love to draw, I guess. It makes me feel calm. I live in Germany, Berlin. I go to the gymnasium middle school, "Berlin" to be exact. I am starting my third year there this year. The school is not really special, but it's good, basic. I honestly don't mind how it looks, as long as I got the education.

I was born and raised in Germany. But...my parent's, they weren't there my whole life.

Now they aren't at all.

You see, this summer was tragic for me. Oh how I hyped it up and then I got the most traumatic thing in my life. It all happened one day in august...

I was outside in the backyard at night, sitting down on the patio with my mom talking about nonsense. My dad suddenly came and said someone was knocking on the door. They both went to get it and to be honest, at that moment, I got a gut feeling to not open that door but oh well. I followed them up to the sliding door that was the way to enter the house. I looked closely as they walked to the door and saw through the peephole. They opened the door and...oh God. It's hard to talk about this, huh?

A guy in all black went inside the house and argued with them. Apparently they had to pay off some loans I didn't know about...? The guy had tattoos on his neck and arms, he looked like he was apart of a mafia or something.

I still don't know if my parents had something to do with the mafia and why the fuck were they talking with that guy.

That's when I saw the guy shout and shoot them both, in their necks.

He shot them...infront of me. I saw it all.

Blood splattered on the walls and their bodies laying dead on the hard wooden floor.

I was shocked and...scared. I feared he would now go after me. As I stood there shocked behind the door, looking at the guy he saw me. Oh God.

I definitely thought, yep, this is it. I'm dying right here with them as he stared at me. But...he looked at me and quickly went out of the door, shutting it behind him.

I quickly went over to my parents and called the ambulance aswell as the police. That night tears were just spilling from my eyes like a waterfall.

How can someone be so cruel..?

I described him to the police from head to toe and apparently he was wanted for many years.

He is a gang member of an Italian mafia that had business here in Germany.

I was angry, how I wanted to beat him up. The audacity to come here and kill my parents because they didn't pay off some stupid fucking loan in full.

In the hospital, I prayed and prayed for my parents to survive. Every doctor tried to save them as much as they can. Until...a medical sister came up to me as I sobbed.

"Hey Mia, can I talk to you?" She said.

"Oh uh, yes. Is everything okay? Did they survive?" I say as I look at her with puffy eyes from crying.

She sighed. "Okay, I need you to calm down and relax."

"What, why? What's going on?"

"..."

"Mia, they didn't survive."

At that moment everything was spinning around me.

"What?"

"Yes. Time of death 00:56 AM. Your dad, 01:09."

"No, no...please...this must be a joke..." I sob.

"No, it isn't Mia. I'm so sorry baby."

"..."

After that information I stayed in the hospital, looking down at the floor as I thought about everything.

The incident was in news. Everyone in my school heard about it, including my best friend Leah.

Since then, everyone asked me how I was, if I needed anything, etc throughout messages. I was too traumatized to even reply. It truly did leave an impact on me.

My aunt took custody of me. I was now living with her, in her house. My parent's house and the house I was raised in is under investigation and will be up for sale later.

I didn't eat nor sleep for days properly. Sometimes I wouldn't even sleep or eat. Whenever Leah would ask me to go out or anyone in general, I would decline. No, I felt guilty to say yes. I'm having fun over here while my parent's are dead. No.

My aunt would try her best for me to be better. She got me a psychiatrist but that didn't help. I went to therapy for a month but...nothing. The psychiatrist didn't get me one bit. She just rambled on to take some pills or something.

Tch, nonsense.

But, that's pretty much a bit of my life. I'm gonna start school in a couple of days. I hope it won't be a burden and chaotic like it did this year.