shadows of fate

[Mention:the pictures I used are not mine ,I found them on pinterest ]

The weeks leading up to the wedding were a whirlwind of emotions for both Isabella and Luca, each grappling with the gravity of their impending union.

Isabella sat in her uncle’s opulent study, the dim light from the chandelier casting long shadows on the dark wooden walls. Her uncle, Giovanni, loomed behind his massive desk, his eyes cold and calculating. The air was thick with tension as he reminded her of the plan.

“You understand what’s at stake, Isabella,” he said, his voice a low growl. “This marriage is our opportunity to seize control of the DiAngelo empire. You will ensure Luca trusts you, and when the time is right, you will strike. Failure is not an option.”

Isabella’s stomach turned with a mix of fear and anger. She wanted to climb over the table and stab her uncle in the throat with the very pen he was holding but it was too risky to do it now ,knowing her sister was held at the clutches if this wicked man .She had always been a pawn in her uncle’s game, used to fuel his ambitions and his desires . Her childhood memories were marred by his cruelty and manipulation. He had taught her to be strong, but also instilled a deep-seated fear in her.

“Yes, Uncle,” she replied, her voice steady but her heart pounding. “I understand.”If it wasn't for her sister she would've killed him a long time ago.

He leaned forward, his eyes narrowing with a disgustingsmirkon his face. “Remember, if you fail, the consequences will be dire " he says pointing at an old picture of her mother and father holding hands with her and her sister as toddlers , their smiles as big as their hearts, if only she knew how bad her life would get from then on. Not just for you, butfor your  sister as well. I trust you won’t disappoint me.”

Isabella nodded, feeling the weight of his words settle heavily on her shoulders. She left his study, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The thought of marrying Luca, a man she barely knew and did not trust, filled her with dread. Yet, she knew she had no choice but to go along with the plan. Her sisters safety depended on it.

As the wedding day approached, Isabella moved into the DiAngelo mansion. The grand estate was luxurious, but to her, it felt like a prison. She spent her days trying to familiarize herself with the layout and the people who worked there, always aware of the watchful eyes of Luca’s men.

In the evenings, she would retreat to her room, her thoughts consumed by the plan and her own fears. She had nightmares about her uncle’s threats fearing the worst for her sister .Waking up in a cold sweat, her heart racing. The darkness of her room often reminded her of the cellar where her uncle had tortured her, and she would lie awake for hours, too afraid to close her eyes.

Isabella’s thoughts frequently turned to her younger sister, Maria. The memory of her sister’s innocent smile and wide-eyed trust filled her with a fierce protective instinct. Maria’s safety was the only reason Isabella agreed to this marriage . She remembered the night her uncle had brought Maria into his office, the fear in her sister’s eyes as he made his threats clear ,her big eyes unaware of his twisted plans for her .