chapter 1: the Unwated union

the beautiful DiAngelo mansion, a sprawling estate nestled in the heart of Italy . Luca DiAngelo stood at the window of his father's study, staring out at the twinkling lights of the city skyline. It was a view that once inspired awe in him, but tonight, it only served as a reminder of the heavy burden he carried.

At twenty, Luca was already a formidable figure in the world of organized crime. Tall and lean with piercing grey eyes that seemed to see through souls, he exuded an air of calculated menace that made even the toughest criminals think twice before crossing him. His hair was neatly styled, and his tailored suit hinted at the wealth and power he had as his father's right-hand man.

"Luca," a gravelly voice interrupted his thoughts. Salvatore DiAngelo, the aging Don of the DiAngelo family, sat behind the expensive mahogany desk, his sharp gaze fixed on his son. "You understand the importance of tonight's meeting?"

Luca turned to face his father, his expression unreadable. "I do, Father. It's about securing our interests and ensuring the Morettis understand their place."

Salvatore nodded approvingly, his features etched with a lifetime of ruthless decisions and unwavering loyalty to the family name. "The Morettis have grown bold in recent years. They forget their place in this city. It's time to remind them of who holds the true power."

The door to the study creaked open, and Luca's cousin, Vincenzo, stepped inside with a purposeful stride. "They're here," he announced, his voice tinge of teasing and a smirk.

Without another word, Luca followed his father and cousin down the grand staircase of the mansion's foyer. The DiAngelo family had gathered in the sprawling dining room, where a long, polished oak table awaited their guests. On one side sat the respected figures of the DiAngelo family, each adorned in expensive suits and emanating an aura of authority. On the other side stood their rivals, the Moretti family, led by Don Giovanni Moretti and his niece, Isabella.

Isabella Moretti was a striking contrast to the cold elegance of the room. Clad in a fitted black dress that accentuated her curves and with her dark hair cascading over her shoulders, she exuded a fierce beauty that commanded attention. Her stormy blue eyes were sharp and unwavering as they met Luca's across the table, a silent challenge in the air.

Luca felt a ripple of annoyance at the sight of her. Isabella had always been a thorn in his side, a constant reminder of the bitter feud between their families. From a young age, they had been taught to despise each other, their animosity fueled by years of bloodshed and betrayal.

Don Giovanni's voice cut through the tension like a knife. "Salvatore, Luca, thank you for hosting us tonight," he began, his tone polite but laced with underlying tension.

Salvatore raised his head slightly. "Giovanni, the pleasure is mine. Shall we proceed to the matter at hand?"

Isabella's gaze flickered between her uncle and Luca, a flicker of defiance in her eyes. "Let's not waste time with pleasantries, Uncle," she interjected coldly. "We know why we're here."

Luca clenched his jaw, suppressing a retort. He could feel Salvatore's piercing gaze on him, a silent command to maintain composure.

The negotiations that followed were tense and terse, each side outlining their terms and conditions with calculated precision. It was clear that neither family trusted the other, their past grievances casting a long shadow over the proceedings.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of heated debate and deadly threats, Salvatore DiAngelo spoke with finality. "It's settled then. Luca will marry Isabella."Isabella's eyes widened hearing the sentence, pinching herself hoping to wake up from this nightmare, but unfortunately it was real and it was happening.

Accidentally she rolled her eyes sighing very loudly causing every to stop what they're doing and look at her, embarrassed she looks in the direction of Luca who stares at her in question, after a few seconds she looks away and towards her uncle who's glaring hard at her . Salvatore continues talking as everyone looks away .

A hushed silence descended upon the room at Salvatore's declaration. Luca felt a surge of anger and frustration rise within him, but he knew better than to defy his father's will, especially in front of their enemies.

Isabella's expression hardened, her jaw set in a defiant line. "I will not be a pawn in your game, Luca," she hissed, her voice low but filled with venom.

Before Luca could respond, Salvatore raised a hand to silence them both. "Enough," he commanded, his voice cutting through the tension like a whip crack. "This union will bring an end to years of bloodshed and ensure the prosperity of both our families. You will marry, and you will honor this agreement—for the good of the DiAngelo name."

With those final words, the fate of Luca and Isabella was sealed. They exchanged one last glare, each silently vowing to defy the expectations placed upon them.

---
Hey loves how was the first chapter?
Hope you guys liked it as much as I did🙂
What do think is gonna happen next ,comment what you think
Don't forget to vote and comment ,see you guys next chapter!👻