Parte 3 Let them help you

The routine was similar as the days went by. In the morning, he left me food and water, and I approached. He left the house dressed in white clothes and carrying a brown briefcase, and returned in the afternoon, and I watched him from an alley that I had made my home. Hearing his whistle in the afternoons was a sign that he had arrived; I knew he was whistling for me, so I ran eagerly to his house and ate and drank. Very late at night, he also fed me and let me stay in his house longer. It was huge, with an endless garden full of well-trimmed bushes and flowers of all colors. I could smell other dogs who invited me to come in, their collars softly jingling. But he let me go out.One day I got accidentally hit by a car; I was bleeding and it seemed I had broken something. As best I could, I got to my alley and stayed there. In the afternoon, I heard the man's whistle, but everything hurt, I couldn't get up, and I didn't go. The whistling didn't stop, and soon I saw that he started calling me:—Little Gray —he said while whistling, clearly referring to me.He saw me lying there and quickly picked me up and took me into his house. Inside, he opened his brown briefcase, took out his things, and started examining me. He took a syringe, and after a while, I became very sleepy. I don't remember anything else.The next morning, my paw was bandaged, and I was in a wooden house on a super soft bed. The blankets smelled of lavender, and my bowls were at the entrance of the house. As best I could, I peeked out and saw many more. I was so scared to go out that a pack of dogs came to see me, their tails wagging friendly.