1 - Awakening

City A, which had a clear sky just a bit ago, was now covered with dark clouds that had formed rapidly in just a few minutes. In an instant, heavy rain poured down, with a faint rumble of thunder in the dark clouds.

With the sudden sound of the first thunder, a figure sinking in a bathtub in an apartment in a particular district suddenly sat up, breaking through the water's surface and his chaotic mind.

In the dim bathroom, Wen Heqing took a deep breath of fresh air, feeling the breath saturated by water. His eyes turned from chaos to clarity and then gradually turned to doubt.

The sudden flash of lightning brought the second thunder, and in the bolt of light that seemed to be able to break the sky and earth, a few images flashed in his mind, followed by a splitting headache.

A few drops of water dripped from the tips of his hair, each one slowed and seemed to frame a picture.

The third clap of thunder was accompanied by his standing up; his white body broke out of the water with waves splashing against the bathtub. In the foggy mirror was a face with a very gloomy complexion, dark eyes and eyebrows, but still, the gloom couldn't hide his beauty.

He stretched out his hand, still soaked with water, and touched his face in the mirror. Droplets cascaded from his half-long hair, his familiar face was covered with a strange visage. He finally accepted a fact...

He, Wen Heqing, the head of Liuhe Sect, did not survive his thunder tribulation and his soul was scattered. But by chance, he was transported into a book and traveled to this current body.

From the memories he received just now, the body he entered was that of a small-time actor who had a good face but lacked skill. After years of struggling at the bottom of the entertainment industry, he finally had a glimmer of hope, but his agent recommended him to a sponsor and asked him to be the sponsor's bedmate.

He knew that the benefactor was abusive and the people around him changed constantly. If he went, he would be like a sheep walking into a tiger's mouth, so he would rather die than obey.

This angered the agent and the sponsor. They took advantage of the fact that the original owner had accidentally bumped into the protagonist [T/N became embroiled in drama with], and used the protagonist's fans to spread rumors that the original owner had a chaotic private life and was supported by multiple benefactors. They also devised a plan to take opportune photos and make it look like the original owner was entangled with others.

After that, the original owner, who was not well-known to begin with, suddenly attracted everyone's attention and became infamous. The sponsor's wife had a big fight with the sponsor, and the wife's family exerted pressure on him¹. All the original owner's jobs were suspended, and online violence was rampant.

In the end, the original body couldn't stand the pressure and ended his life in this very bathtub.

And all this was just a minor detail that was mentioned in a few sentences in the original work.

A faint breath of soul can still be felt in the air². Wen Heqing separated his soul and touched it—

I want innocence.

This is the last obsession of the original body.

I will give you innocence.

Once he spoke his promise softly, the two souls briefly formed a contract followed by the faint breath of the original owner's soul disappearing without a trace.

He took a deep breath, and the black qi³ between the eyebrows of the person in the mirror gradually dissipated as the soul changed hands. The temperament around him was reborn from death, and the whole facial features became cheerful.