CHAPTER TEN

Two Days Later

Two days past, and Beyonce had been feeling her stress levels rise by each hour. It was confirmed that the family was coming on Friday. It was Wednesday. She had less than fourty-eight hours before she saw him.

Each day, she felt herself stress more and more. Her attitude had gotten much worse. Her and Shawn argued two days in a row and they were currently on bad terms. Once again.

She had just gotten back from the office, irritated from the questions circulating about her face. She just came up with the lie that her sister's cat had scratched her.

"Momma! Bry told me Auntie Pattie and Uncle Ray coming. Are we going?" Brannon asked, running up to her, holding her hands. Beyonce sighed, feeling a slight headache.

"Mhm. Yeah, we're going, baby." She kissed his forehead softly before going to grab some water from the kitchen and go upstairs.

She checked Bryelle's room briefly, to see her talking on the phone to one of her friends. Bryelle waved with a smile which Beyonce returned before slipping out of the room.

Her head was pounding and she even felt like throwing up. Her nightmares had somehow gotten worse. They felt more vivid and more realistic. When she woke up, she felt hands groping her.

It wasn't Shawn since he opted to sleep in his 'Lounge'. The feeling left Beyonce scared out of her mind. It felt so real. Because of the dreams getting worse, it was effecting her work ethic and her energy throughout the day. She was surely surviving off of four hours of sleep at the most, and too much caffeine.

After getting in the shower and getting ready for bed, Beyonce heard her phone ring once she came back into her room.

She sighed and picked it up, not even looking at the ID. She was pissed off, tired, and annoyed. She didn't have time for nobody's bullshit tonight.

"Hello?"

"How are you, Beyonce?"

That voice. He was calling her again. Usually, with anyone else, she would've hung up, but she felt powerless. When it came to him, she lost everything. Every sense of strength in her body dissipated when she heard his voice.

"Stop calling me!" Her voice was strained, like she was pleading. Tears were welling up in her eyes. She sat on her bed and put her head in her hands.

"That's no way to speak to me, Beyonce. Once I see you, I'm gonna make sure we fix that, okay?"

She couldn't go. She couldn't see him, but she made a promise to her child, to both of them.

"No..." Beyonce said softly. He was coming for her. She knew it. He was coming to do it again, and again, and again. Just like he did to her before.

"I think you mean 'yes'. I-"

She hung up before he could finish talking. Once she did, she blocked the number he was calling her from. She looked back in her call log. Each time he called her was from a different number.

She put her head in her hands and just cried. She didn't know what to do right now. He was harassing her and taunting her fear. He knew she didn't want to see him, but he was purposely playing with her feelings.