Chapter 5;

Friday. Last day of school this week.

When I walk into school, I see Taylor leaning against my locker. Taylor is such a flirt. Thinks he can get every girl, but he can't. Not me. I have too much self respect for that douche.

"Leave," I saw when I approach him.

He smirks, "oh why?"

"Because I don't like you?" I say and push him out of my way.

I feel his finger tips trail down the side of my arm in a seductive way.

I seat his hand away and give him a death glare.

"Don't touch me."

"Why? Is someone not in a good mood today?" He asks all innocently.

"Because you're gross. That's why. You think you can get every girl in this school, but you can't. Face the fact that you're all as cool as you think. Honestly, you're trash." I say before slamming my locker door shut.

I walk into history class; the same. I sit next to Shawn, and am distracted by Matt's beauty the whole time. Nothing new.

Next is math. Math is equally as boring.

I feel something light and delicate hit the back of my head, I turn around to see a balled up piece of paper sitting right behind me on the floor. I look to the person behind me, and its Nash. He's signally me to open it.

Mrs. Anne, my math teacher, clears her throat before saying, "excuse me, what is happening back there?"

I turn my head around to see her arms crossed, and her tapping her foot ever so slightly.

"Uh, nothing. I thought I felt something hit my head," I drift off. My face is beat red, and I'm nervous. I never like getting in trouble by the teachers.

She rolls her eyes and nods, not very convinced.

I open the piece of paper and in pencil is written;

We should hang out sometime.

I write back;

Sure. Text me.

And then I write my number down and slowly pass it back to him. I turn around really quickly to see him smiling from ear to ear.

Nash and I were friends when we were younger, but then when high school came we just sort of found new people and separated.

His 'group' is Cameron, JJ, G, Shawn, Taylor, and I think Matt? Since Matt is friends with the jacks, I would figure he's part of their group. I never really hung out with any of the guys, except Matt and Shawn. Well, and Nash but that was years ago. I just know the guys, but I'm not close with them or anything. Also, Taylor pisses me off. I hope I become friends with the guys, because quite honestly I rather have guy friends than girl friends. Isn't every girl like that?

After math and a few other classes, it was lunch. Matt was sat with the group of guys, so I just ate lunch with them. They didn't look at me funny, they didn't exclude me, and they weren't really surprised that I sat their. I guess that's good?

After lunch, all of the seniors worked their way into the auditorium where they wanted to show us a documentary type thing about drugs, smoking, and drinking, and what they can cause, and why we shouldn't do any of it; especially at this age.

We all sit at the very top. From left to right it goes; Nash, Cameron, Me, Matt, Shawn, G, Taylor, JJ.

The documentary wasn't very entertaining, but it did open my eyes to some stuff. I wasn't planning on doing drugs or smoking, but I've drank before and I wasn't really scared of it.

"Speaking of drinking, there's a party tonight at Madison's house. Want to come?" Nash asks everyone. Everyone nods, except Matt. He's a little hesitant.

"Oh c'mon Matt! It'll be fun!" I smile.

He shrugs and looks down, "I don't know. I don't want to get into any trouble."

"Trust me, you won't. You'll be fine! Also, you don't even have to drink," Cameron says.

Everyone nods, and he finally gives in.

I throw my arm around his shoulders and whisper, "I'll be with you the whole time," and take my arm back.

He looks at me and smirks, which I smirk back.

After that we all separate and go back to our houses, but Nash texts me. I completely forgot!

Nash: hey.

Me: hey! what's up?

Nash: nothing really, just got home. still want to hang out?

Me: yeah of course! let's meet at Lebanon Park, okay?

Nash: okay. I'll be there in like fifteen minutes.

I don't reply back, I just hop out of bed and start getting ready. I touch up my makeup, brush through my hair, and make sure my outfit looks somewhat decent.

"There we go!" I yell out loud and start making my way to the park. I would drive there, but I rather walk.

I finally get there and I see Nash sitting at a picnic table.

I sit in front of him, "hey."

He smiles, "hey."

"So, uh," I awkwardly say. I'm horrible at conversations. WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS?!

"What's new?" He looks up at me.

I shrug, "nothing really. I'm the same mackenzie from four years ago. How about yourself?"

He laughs, "well, Marissa and I broke up."

"Oh I'm sorry," Marissa was Nash's girlfriend. They've dated since freshman year, but I guess they broke up.

"Yeah. I bet you she'll be at the party tonight, too."

I nod, "yeah probably. But you can hang out with Matt and I!"

He smiles, "yeah I will. Taylor will be upstairs with some girl, Cameron will be dancing, JJ will be making out with some girl, and G will just chill with someone."

"Yeah. I don't usually go to parties and when I do, I have nothing to do," I shrug.

We sit there and talk for another hour until we separate to get ready for the party. I wear a sexy black dress, and curl my hair. I hate heals, so I go with this black sandals. Then I wing my eyeliner and wear a silver necklace. Simple, but hot.