chapter 16

Chapter 16
~• mehandi•~
    NAINA

"Oh my god, Bhabhi Ma, you look absolutely stunning in this dress! If Jasmine were an Indian princess, she would be you."

I smiled at her compliment. I couldn't disagree about the dress; all my wedding dresses are her designs, unique and exclusively made for me, making them even more special. She always likes to go off-trend and set new trends for others to follow. Like now, she ditched the traditional green color for soft shades of pink and lavender. The dress is highly embroidered, featuring floral and geometric patterns. The embellishments include sequins, beads, and little metallic thread work, adding a shimmering effect to the entire outfit.

"Of course, little princess, after Nene made this dress priceless just by wearing it," Divi added with a little wink.

"Little princess?" Kayinat asked, confused.

Divi placed her hand on her shoulder and said with a smile, "Nene and you are the only princesses in Rajasthan. Nene is the older one, and you are the little one, so little princess."

"You are an amazing person, Divi Di, so intelligent," I laughed at the overly dramatic expression Divi gave to Kayinat.

"Girls, it's time to go! Let's go and have fun!" Vriti shouted at the top of her lungs to express her excitement.

We all went there with a chaddar over me as I walked. Sita, Vriti, Divi, and Lily held each corner, while Roop and Grace walked beside me. Esther and Princess danced in front, making it a grand entry for me.

"Ladoo, you look so beautiful. May no evil eye fall on you," Choti Ma said while applying a little kohl behind my ears. She called the mehendi artists and then turned to my little girl gang, saying, "Okay, first let me start with the bride, and then everyone can join later. There are many dance performances, and you can join in slowly."

Soon, the artists came up with a design suggested by Divi. My entire life journey and important milestones were portrayed in the design, starting from my birth, high school, Chota Papa and Choti Ma, my college days with friends, my startup days, my first award, meeting Hukum Sa, and now marrying him, leaving Jodhpur, and moving to Jaipur.

While I sat with a backache from sitting in the same position for so long, everyone else was dancing and enjoying. I was so happy to see my Choti Ma dancing with Divi while Sita made a video of it. These are the memories I would have missed if I hadn't agreed to marry. They are so happy. Unintentionally, my eyes started searching for one person, but I couldn't find her.

"Ladoo, whom are you looking for?" Choti Ma's voice broke my search mission. I was so engrossed that I didn't notice her sitting beside me.

"Choti Ma, am I that bad?" I couldn't stop myself anymore. This thing was turning into a nightmare for me. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Who said that, my Ladoo? You are the best daughter in the world," she hugged me after gesturing for the mehendi artists to give us a few minutes alone.

"We must have done something wrong, which is why Maa Sa stays so distant from us and never participates in any of my functions as a mother."

"Child, it's not like that. She loves you very much, but you know queens are forbidden to show any emotions."

"What kind of queen is she to treat her own daughter like an outsider?"

"My dear, your tears are breaking my heart. Stop crying. I can't see my Ladoo like this."