the misunderstanding

It was a stupid misunderstanding, but it blew up into a massive fight. I had gone out with some friends, including a guy I used to date. Damiano found out and was furious.

"Why didn’t you tell me he was going to be there?" he demanded as soon as I walked in.

"I didn’t think it was a big deal," I said, taken aback by his anger.

"Not a big deal? You spent the evening with your ex!" he shouted.

"We’re just friends, Damiano," I argued.

"Friends? Do you know how that makes me feel?" he asked, his voice rising.

"I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you," I said, trying to calm him down.

"Hurt me? You betrayed my trust," he snapped.

"That’s not fair. I would never betray you," I said, tears streaming down my face.

"Then why didn’t you tell me?" he demanded.

"Because I knew you’d react like this," I admitted.

"So you kept it a secret? That’s even worse," he said, his eyes blazing with anger.

"I didn’t keep it a secret. I just didn’t mention it," I explained, feeling cornered.

"That’s the same thing," he retorted.

"I’m sorry, Damiano. I really am," I pleaded.

"Sorry isn’t enough," he said, his voice cold.

I watched him walk away, my heart breaking. I didn’t know how to fix this, and it felt like our relationship was slipping through my fingers.

As I sat alone in the dark, I wondered if we would ever find our way back to each other.I sat on the couch, the weight of our argument pressing down on me. The silence in the apartment was deafening, each second stretching into an eternity. I kept replaying the fight in my mind, trying to figure out how things had spiraled so out of control. Damiano’s anger was unlike anything I had ever seen, and it scared me.

After what felt like hours, I decided I couldn’t just sit there. I needed to talk to him, to make him understand. I found him in our bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands. He looked up as I entered, his eyes red and tired.

“Damiano, can we please talk?” I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He sighed heavily but nodded. “What’s there to talk about, Y/N? You lied to me.”

“I didn’t lie, Damiano. I just... I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d react like this. And now look where we are,” I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

He shook his head. “You should have trusted me.”

“And you should have trusted me. Nothing happened between us, Damiano. He’s just a friend,” I insisted.

He looked at me, pain etched into his features. “It’s not about what happened, Y/N. It’s about what could happen. It’s about you not thinking enough of our relationship to be honest with me.”

I felt tears welling up again, but I fought to keep them at bay. “I do think about our relationship. Every day. I love you, Damiano. But you can’t control who I see or what I do. That’s not fair.”

“It’s not about control. It’s about respect,” he said, his voice softer now, but still filled with frustration.

“And I respect you. I just... I didn’t want to make things harder than they already are,” I explained.

He stood up, pacing the room. “Harder? Do you know what’s hard? Wondering if I’m enough for you. Wondering if you’re happy.”

“Damiano, you are enough. You’ve always been enough. I’m happy with you. I just want us to trust each other,” I said, stepping closer to him.

He stopped and looked at me, his eyes searching mine. “I want that too. But it’s hard when I feel like I’m constantly competing with your past.”

“You’re not competing with anyone. My past is my past. You’re my present and my future,” I said, reaching out to take his hand.

He hesitated for a moment before letting me hold his hand. “I’m sorry, Y/N. I don’t want to lose you.”

“You won’t. I promise. We just need to communicate better. We need to be honest with each other,” I said, squeezing his hand.

He nodded, his grip tightening on mine. “I’ll try. I’ll really try.”

“Me too,” I said, pulling him into a hug. “I love you, Damiano. We’ll get through this.”

“I love you too,” he whispered, holding me close.

As we stood there, wrapped in each other’s arms, I felt a glimmer of hope. Our relationship was far from perfect, but it was real. It was worth fighting for. And as long as we had that, I knew we could overcome anything.

☆☆☆☆ if you have an idea for the next shot, don’t hesitate to text me