Chapter 5

I watched Chase cook the eggs in on pan and I started mixing the pancake mix in a bowl. It had no eggs which got me curious so I asked Chase, "Chase there's no eggs in this mix" I said and he looked over at me with quick smile. He walked over to me after he finished cooking the bacon and turning off the gas stove. He placed the plate beside the sink and walked over to me taking the bowl from me, "huh I guess it just doesn't use eggs but uses butter milk" he said taking the bowl over to the frying pan and turning the stove back on ready to cook the pancakes with a different pan.

I hopped down from the bench and ran up behind Chase with a cooled piece of bacon between my fingers munching lightly. I rested my head on his back and he turned to look at me than his eyes travelled to the bacon and I gave him a bite. "That's good" he said once he swallowed the piece and I finished the rest. Breakfast was soon served and we sat at the small table with our plates of food and ate. I looked at my food at first feeling a funny feeling in my stomach then I felt Chase poke my hand, I looked up and saw him with a sad look on his face. "Just a few bites" he pleaded taking a bite of his food and I picked up my fork and took a bite.

After a few bites I was finished in no time and I looked up to see Chase smiling at me, "what?" I asked and he leaned in and pecked my lips. "I'm so proud of you" he whispered against my lips before kissing me again. Pulling away I watched Chase get out of his seat and walk around to my side holding out his hand and I accepted it. I got out of my chair and walked behind Chase over to the bed. I watched Chase sit down on the edge of the bed and his hands moved to my hips pulling me down towards him. I was now sitting on his lap and my arms around his neck. He moved my hair to one side of my neck and laced a gently kiss in the nap of my neck. "How's about that date?" He asked and tomorrow have I convinced you enough?" He asked with a cheeky grin. "Yes, you have" I said smiling as I leaned in to kiss him.

I pulled away and he pouted, "I don't wanna be doing that all day" I laughed and he shifted so he could lay me down on the bed. "Are you sure?" he asked pecking my lips gently, "quit killing me softly" I said and he kissed me again but deeper this time. I wrapped on arm around his neck and my other hand trailed along his side and up his shirt. Our lips then separated and our breathing became heavy as we looked into each other's eyes. "I gotta go to class" Chase said kissing my forehead and then I rembered I had work. He climbed off of me and I sat up staring at him shirtless, "do you have work?" he asked holding his hand out to me. I gladly accepted and he pulled me off the bed, "Yea in an hour" I said and he kissed me once more. "I can't wait till tommorow" he said and I smiled into the kiss.

"You better hurry up and get ready or your gonna be late" I said trailing my finger down to the middle of his chest. "But what if I don't want to?" he asked with his lips just centermeters away from mine. "Then I'm not joining you for this date you wanna take me on" I said and he groaned. "Okay" he said kissing me one last time before going to get ready. Meanwhile I got ready for work and Changed into my uniform and did my hair into a high ponytail before putting on my shoes.

When I was ready I grabbed my backpack and keys before heading out the door to work.

I was currently at work minding the register and the café wasn't all that busy today just our regular customers. "Jessie some kind gentleman bought these in for you" Amanda said as she walked towards me holding a bouquet of flowers. "Oh my god there beautiful" I said taking them from Amanda carefully. Holding the flowers to my nose I caught it's scent and they smelt amazing. "There's a card" Amanda pointed out and I took it from her and read it, "Dear Jessie I hope you receive these flowers and they make you smile. Your smile is amazing and you're exceptionally beautiful. From Chase" I read out loud and I heard Amanda squeal in the background.

"Aww that's so sweet!" Amanda squealed and then Lindsey walked in to start work, "ohh what's with the flowers?" she asked. "Jesse has a boyfriend" Amanda teased and I could feel my cheeks going red. "Honey who's this boyfriend of yours?" Lindsey asked as she walked back out of the staffroom, I kept quiet and eventually she read the card that came with the flowers. "No way" she said looking up at me in shock, "Chase gave you these" she said in surprise and I nodded. "Okay what the hell?!" she exclaimed and I looked at her confused, "what's up?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "Hon you don't date a boy that stood by his friends who bullied you, just no" she said waving her hands in the air.

"Falling for a bad boy" Amanda teased and Lindsey lightly punched her shoulder, "oww" Amanda said glaring at Lindsey. "Okay Jess you have to understand that he could hurt you" Lindsey said and I looked at her unwittingly of her point she was trying to make. "And?" I asked making her groan in frustration. "Anyway why the flowers?" she asked pinching the bridge of her nose, "he's taking me out on a date" I said and she looked at me wide eyed. "Okay on that date if he asks you to be his girlfriend you say no" Lindsey said and I looked at her confused. "What why?" Amanda asked and Lindsey glared at Amanda, "because he's nothing but a player, a womanizer, a- every word you can think of, a jerk!" Lindsey yelled.

"Lindsey is there something your not telling us?" Amanda asked as we watched Lindsey walk over to one of the tables and take a seat. "Lindsey?" I asked walking up to her, "I used to date him and I know what he's like" she said gazing out the window. "We'll use you and then throw you away like you were nothing" she said trying to not cry, "you mean he-" Amanda began and Lindsey looked at her and nodded. "Yes he did and I regret that night so much" Lindsey said starting to tear up.

I looked over at the door and saw a customer walk in and I looked over at Amanda and she nodded walking over to attend the register. "How long ago was this?" I asked softly and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes, "It was a year ago" she said holding back a sob from escaping her lips. "Oh my god" I said pulling her into a hug and her body went limp, "Hey it's okay" I said trying to soothe her. "Come on go get cleaned up and I'll help Amanda on register and do kitchen work, you rest" I said and he nodded wiping away her tears and getting out of her seat to go to the back room.

3 hours flew by and I only had 1 hour left of my shift, I was still behind register and Lindsey was working in the kitchens with Amanda. When the door opened and I saw Chase walk into the shop, he spotted me and walked up to the counter. He seemed somewhat nervous for some reason, "hey Jesse" he said and I smiled at him. "Two chocolate muffins" Chase ordered and I was craving to have it, I would do anything to have one but i didn't have money on me. I put the order in and went to get a bag to wrap the muffins. "Here you go" I said giving him the two paper bags and he handed me the change which I put away. Looking back up at him he showed a relaxed smile and leaned over the counter giving me a small kiss before slipping something in my hand. When I pulled away, I saw one of the muffins in my hands, "enjoy your lunch beautiful" Chase said smiling. I ran out from behind the counter and hugged him, "thanks" I said and he rubbed my back soothingly. "You're welcome, how long till you're done?" he asked and I looked at the clock on the wall. "I finish at 12pm and Jane's coming in to replace me" I answered and he rubbed his chin, "We'll go out to eat at 6pm?" he asked and I nodded reassuringly.

"Absolutely, see you then" I said and he waved before leaving the store, I watched him leave and when I went back to the counter I saw Lindsey. "That looked nice" she said with a hint of disgust, "Lindsey come on" I said and she went back into the kitchens. The shop was quiet and not many people were coming in, I put the muffin in my lunch bag and chased after Lindsey. "Lindsey what's so wrong?" I asked and she looked at me sympathetically, "Don't say I didn't warn you" she said taking a cigarette out of her purse and going out the back door. Than the bell rang so I went back the register.