IV

It's been a year and two months since Kyung-soo and I acted as if we were really a couple. I am happy that I accepted his love for me, I'm just waiting for a sign and the right timing to give him my answer.

I am walking on my way to the store right now, I'm gonna give my answer to Kyung-soo using this sandwich that I made this morning. I put the letter beneath the wrap of the sandwich. I hope he will understand my decision.

Then my phone rings. It's a text from Kyung-soo.

"Good morning gorgeous!"

I smile just reading it, inside my head I can hear his voice saying this. Looks like he will be late that's why he texted me.

"Gorgeous? This man is-" someone pull my hand. A small girl with brown hair, and a cute ribbon on her head saved me from bumping into a pole in front of me. If she didn't pull me right on time, my head would crack open. "My gosh, thank you so much!"

She smiles, her beauty is mesmerizing. She's a little small compared to me but then she's strong because she manages to pull me. Her hands and so her fingers are also small. On top of that she dresses nicely and..wait. Isn't her uniform the same as Kyung-soo's?

"No problem at all. Make sure to watch your steps or you will regret it. Okay?" she said cheerfully. Even her voice is cute and small. Then she turned and took her bike on the way to the filling station. She's working in the gasoline station?!

_______________

"What are you looking at?" my co-worker asked when he saw me keep checking the window, my usual spot. "You're looking for your baby boy?"

"He's not my baby boy," I said and rolled my eyes on him. It's been a long time since I acted nicely towards him but now that I am in a bad mood I suggest that don't talk to me. "Just go do your inventory."

He looked at me as if he's a cat that has been tamed. Kyung-soo is still not showing this is the first time he's late for work. When I checked the window again, I saw the girl laughing with Kyung-soo's friend. Of course, who wouldn't like her? She has a small body, waist, face, voice, hands, and fingers. She's the perfect image of man's ideal type. Those guys probably had a crush on her already.

Finally Kyung-soo appeared together with a car that needed gasoline. He called the girl and asked her to do it and he will guide her. Looks like she's a newbie. I watched Kyung-soo teach her to open the gas tank of the car, then pointing at the gas pump. But the girl can't pull it, so Kyung-soo came to her and pulled it instead. His expression saying that he can't believe she can't pull it when he can. He's more annoyed, I think.

I continued my work because a lot of students came into the store. I had to give up taking lunch because of it so I informed Kyung-soo that he can have his lunch instead. So when I got my chance to take my afternoon break I immediately went outside to look for him.

I stopped walking. My legs can't move. My heart stopped. The excitement inside me slowly fades away. All because Kyung-soo and that girl were smiling ear to ear while washing a car. I can also hear Kyung-soo laugh. We used to do that. Why? He told me he likes me. He told me I'm pretty. He told me I am cute. He said I can be myself when he's with me but what is this? So, all what he did to me, he's also doing it to others?

I...what is this? Did he even read my letter? Maybe he did Young-ji but he's not interested in you anymore so he disregarded it and took his attention to this girl. I slowly move my feet back to the store. My heart is in pain but I won't interrupt them. After all that girl and him look...perfect.

_______

Saturday morning, I didn't go to work. I took the first ever day off and decided to say yes to my little brother about buying him some extra papers for his studies. I am now at the mall going to the school supplies section. I checked my brother's text first before I looked for the paper section. I saw the paper immediately but it's way too high for my height. It gives me a headache that I can't reach despite my tall height.

I tried to reach it until I lost my balance and my legs bumped into the metal where the papers were displayed. "Ouch." I didn't pay attention to it until I finally got one pack of the papers that I wanted. "Looks like I'm done here." I'm about to put the check on the text when I saw that he actually texted two packs of it. What the hell.

I'm about to try to get another one again when a hand came holding one pack of papers. When I turned my head to thank whoever it was, my heart skipped a beat. It's Kyung-soo. "Hello, gorgeous." he said, smiling at me.

There went my sweet-sounding nickname again, and the crazy thumping of my heart. "W-what are you doing here?"

"I saw you came here a few minutes ago. I usually come here every morning before I go to work to look for some part-time jobs." he said, explaining but his smiles are not fading.

 Tch. 

If I didn't know what he did yesterday. I decided to stop talking to him. I took the pack of papers from him.

"Thanks for this, you can go away now. " I said. I don't have any intention of getting closer to him.

"Are you off today?" he said, running to catch me. "Maybe I will call my boss too to take the day off. Should we go somewhere?"

"I have plans today with my family and no, I won't go anywhere with you."

"Huh? Why?"

What the hell is he pretending? But he didn't stop. He still followed me from the counter while paying for the items that I bought until I reached the bike parking.

"Is this your bike?" He asked me to check my bike. It was black and old. It's too small for me but then this is all I have. "This is small for you to use."

I looked at him angrily. "I know! You don't have to tell me when it's obvious. I know a tall girl like me doesn't fit in this bike or anything! Don't tell me things that are obvious!"

After that, I immediately got out of his sight. I hate him!