V

CHAPTER 5

KYUNG-SOO POV

"Young-ji is still not talking to you?" one of my co-worker man asked. I was changing the tire of the car when he came after washing the car. I stopped and took a quick glance at the convenience store where Young-ji is working. It's been a week since Young-ji started ignoring and avoiding me. I don't know what I did. I'm not sure what's wrong with us.

"Who is Young-ji?" the soft voice asked. I know it's the new girl Hani. She looked at my co-worker and then on me.

"She's the scary cashier in that store." my co-worker said. Scary? My Young-ji is scary?

"What do you mean by scary?" Hani asked.

"She's just talking but her voice is really big. When we buy at their store she's just telling us the cost of our items but her loud voice is really something. "

"Oh, I see. But don't you know that people like that exist?" Hani said. She smiles at my co-worker. "She's still a woman like me, mind your tongue." she smiles at him then points out the incoming customer. "Please assist our customer carefully."

Good. Very good. I continue what I'm doing when I feel that someone is staring at me. "He's referring to the cashier attendant at the store, right?" Hani asked. She's holding two bottles of cold water. I'm done changing the tires so I took the other bottle.

I nodded. "My Young-ji isn't scary. I agree with what you said. People tend to say something bad to other people just because they are different from them. Not all people could have muscles, small faces, small waist, soft voice, soft personality or anything that makes someone shine. There's still a lot of people who can stand out with those traits and features. My Young-ji may have a big voice, loud as gong, tall height, or mean attitude. That won't change the fact that she is pretty, cute and gorgeous to me. "

"People have too many imaginations," Hani said while laughing. "Maybe watching dramas or anime made them like short girls like me. I am born like this, your girl is also born like that. We can't change things the way they are. "

"I don't understand. Why do they even like small girls? Oh, no offense." I asked, trying not to offend Hani.

"I can't understand either. I just know that it's not about being different, it should start by accepting yourself as you are. Defend that and show to people that 'this is me, I'm not gonna be those features of others that you want'. Hani said, looking at the sky. "And at the end of the day, one person will come to you. That person will prove to you that you deserve to be loved no matter who you are, along with your flaws and insecurities. "

I look at her, then she looks at me. I love hearing her thoughts cause she's already in a relationship. Hani has a girlfriend. Maybe listening to her will teach me how to love Young-ji more. "She deserves all of me, that's why I'm not gonna bring her the bare minimum."

____________

YOUNG-JI POV

"I'm going home." I said, putting my uniform in the locker of the convenience store where I am working. Lately, I'm not doing overtime work since I don't have any reason to stay late. I've been a fool doing that before instead of going home and spending my time with my family.

After putting my uniform to the locker and saying my final words to the next assigned cashier at night, I walk away from the store. The house is just walking distance so I don't mind walking everyday. It's just that I used to walk home with someone.

Gosh, Young-ji stop doing this to yourself. You should stop.

After a few minutes of walking I heard some noise on the grass on the left side of the road. I looked a little closer since it's already evening, then an orange little creature appeared. "Woah. A cat!" I'm about to catch her when she suddenly jumped on me, since I was surprised I lost my balance and sat on the ground. Before I could even react she already ran away from me.