50 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ beyond the sands

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌔 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

fifty

'He tasted her mind and realized he had been starving.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌔 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

There's a legend the Fremen have of Muad'Dib and Sahira that wasn't often told.

Muad'Dib was indeed a desert mouse, but before that, he was a man. Now, his name was not known, but he was definitely known for one thing: running. Muad'Dib had been on the hunt as a man, so by the will of Shai Hulud, he was transformed into a small desert mouse to flee. Upon his travels, he stumbled upon a woman. Her name was Sahira. Many men sought after her, but she was far too independent to want to wed a man who only sought her beauty.

Muad'Dib had collided with her foot, and Sahira, who was walking through her city, had found the little creature. She decided to care for it and set it free, only for it to come back. Eventually, she took it upon herself to keep it. When Muad'Dib heard his assassins were starting to approach Sahira's city, he finally revealed himself. The two fell in love and Muad'Dib begged her to leave, but she wouldn't.

Why? Sahira was a shield. Sahira was more than a woman, she was a warrior. And she loved Muad'Dib. Unfortunately, the two died in battle, but by Shai Hulud's call, they were placed among the stars. Muad'Dib was called the North Star, a light that always brought Sahira home wherever she went. She always remained by his side. Which was why she was always next to him in the night sky.

Wind whipped around the desert, broken by the clouds of sand one of the sandworms had made. There was something about the morning glow that made everything better. Brighter. Like whatever the Harkonnens had done... wasn't there.

Except it was, and they were, which meant the prophecy was coming.

But right now, that didn't matter to the couple sitting on the dunes, admiring their friend/mentor atop the creature everyone called Shai Hulud. They could faintly tell it was him, the beige dust cloud covering the damage the worm left behind, its body hovering along the surface like it was surfing.

"Hey! Stilgar!"

Stilgar's head turned to Paul's voice, vaguely seen by the couple as he called back to them, disappearing into the sands like he was one with them. Thunder crashed, a memory Paul and (Y/N) both carried in their own way, but they had to remind themselves that it was just the sandworm breaking through the millions of grains.

As (Y/N) leaned into her husband's side, Chani started walking up to the dune where they were. Paul didn't wrap an arm around her like he usually did, instead looking out at the glow the sun cast on the horizon.

"Father, I found my way," Paul murmured, his expression soft, almost holding something proud and wistful at the same time.

(Y/N) smiled, glancing up at her husband before her gaze landed on his signet ring, admiring the eagle embedded in the circle. Paul looked down at his wife, admiring her for a moment before he removed his ring, securing it in a small pocket.

He wasn't going to be Duke. His father told him to find his way, but instead of choosing to be involved in politics, he chose to be one of the Fremen. A warrior. A Fedaykin. A lover.

Chani walked up to their side, standing beside (Y/N) as Paul looked up. "It's breathtaking."

But not as much as you, he wanted to whisper to his wife, but he remained silent, and instead wrapped an arm around her.