Chapter I

May God bless my soul.

Just from what I have thought, as I run to my father's office, I know he has one.

I saw it.

And I need it right now.

After all the realizations that I have.

Why I just thought it so late? Every one of us has a right to love, a right to choose, and a right to claim what is ours. I should have seen everything of this; God gave me a sign, and I'm too sinful to be blinded.

I fixed my newly laundered dress as I saw some wrinkles in it.

I need to be formal. Is the day right? It should be. I should get ready.

Many co-workers of my dad looked at me in shock, like they saw a ghost, but maybe because I am not always visiting my dad here and I came with a hurry like a whistling wind at the end of a race car.

I step in the elevator, and with all my might, I push button number 6. I look at the upper top of the entrance door, and here I see today's date.

7/2/24

I am not mistaken; I am right; this is really the day.

And as the elevator opens, I hurriedly run towards my dad's office and enter the password, which is my birthday.

A click sound has been made as I successfully enter his office. Nothing has changed; it's still the gray and white theme with lots of samurai figures in the upper corner of the cabinets.

I knew it; he was not here.

I immediately go into his upper right-side drawer on his main table.

Where did he hide it? I badly need it.

And as I opened the drawer, I saw nothing but a pile of files.

That thing must be somewhere here.

I open his left drawer, and all of my sweat comes down, and my hands are shaking like an earthquake.

I need to have that before someone gets in here.

And yes, in the in the upper left drawer, I saw it, which is reasonable for my dad, who is a left-handed guy.

In the weight of this little thing, I thought it's so light, but no, it has a 3 pound weight, and I need to carry it because when you love someone, nothing will stop you, only God.

And I will do everything to have him.

But as I hid the 3 pounds in my pocket at my waist, I heard the sound of an open door.

I immediately get up and see who was there, and I act like nothing happened and that I get nothing.

"Miss Yena, what are you doing in your dad's office? I thought you were hospitalized? And isn't your dad on leave for vacation? "I really don't know this man, but his face is familiar; I think I saw him on my 18th birthday last year.

"Ah.. Yes, sir, he just... " I pause as I look around to look for some alibi that I can give to this fat man.

"I want me to get the Bible; we will have a prayer meeting this Sunday, and we need one," I hurriedly said to quench his curiosity.

That's convincing, right? It's about God, after all.

"Okay, well, Ah, today is Urie's birthday. Tell your dad to come over this night and bring a gift to your best friend, Yena." He laughed as he closed the door. "Oh I see that man was my best friend's father; why did I forget that?

So my date is right; I just count 1–10 to fix myself; I can't feel anything; my heartbeat runs so fast as if I am so in love like hell. But now it's not love; it's fear, and so I need to leave this place.

I checked once again the 3 pounds that are in my waist pocket to confirm, and I am all set to get out of this inferno.

I slowly open the door and look around to see if there are any people, but luckily there aren't, so I just use the emergency exit, just a 5-step walk from the left side of my dad's office.

Finally, the first plan is done.

Now, second plan: I need to go there.

Centennial Park, Iligan City

In a snap of my hand, I just saw myself outside of the building. I looked back at where I came from, and I saw the emergency exit that I just used.

Why is everything so unusual? Even my right arm hurts so bad too.

Ah yes, I am holding the Bible, my alibi; now I don't need it.

I go to the nearest trashcan, throw it, and continue walking away.