Poraney Poraney

Welcome to the random try Series part N : ) ....

Turn up the volume for "Poraney Poraney" , because this is a love story that deserves a soundtrack, to know the intense feel of the song and  the story . Let the music evoke the emotions and bring you closer to the story, for it is a narrative that will tug at your heartstrings and stay with you long after you've read the final word.

_________________________________________________________________________

The fairy lights cast a warm, honeyed glow across the rooftop terrace, weaving a spell of bittersweet joy. Laughter mingled with the clinking of glasses as their friends, a tight-knit crew of eleven, celebrated their graduation. Yet, a melancholic undercurrent pulsed beneath the surface – the specter of impending goodbyes. Aadhavan, the resident life-of-the-party, seemed unusually subdued. Leela, his closest confidante, noticed the forced cheer in his smile, a stark contrast to his usual infectious grin.

Their friendship, born two years ago in a department club, had blossomed for Leela into something more profound. Shared passions for biotechnology ignited a spark, nurtured by stolen glances across crowded lecture halls, late-night study sessions fueled by chai, and unspoken comfort during exam anxieties. Yet, the fear of rejection had kept her feelings tightly locked away, a rosebud yearning for sunlight.

As the party flowed into a singalong, a mischievous glint flickered in their friends' eyes. The "shipping" contingent, as they were secretly dubbed, nudged Aadhavan and Leela toward each other. Aadhavan, oblivious to the undercurrents, simply grinned, but Leela's heart hammered a frantic rhythm against her ribs. Taking a deep breath, she met his gaze, a silent plea shimmering in her deep brown eyes. Aadhavan, usually a master at deciphering expressions, felt a peculiar hitch in his breath. He couldn't quite decipher Leela's emotions, but the silent conversation held him captive.

With a playful nudge and a knowing wink, their friends positioned Aadhavan and Leela in the center of the rooftop.

"Sing a duet, you two!" declared Riya, the self-proclaimed cupid of the group, her voice laced with a playful chirp. "Something romantic, maybe?"

Leela's heart pounded harder. This was her chance, a bridge across the chasm that threatened to separate them. Meeting Aadhavan's gaze, a silent plea shimmered in her eyes. Aadhavan, usually oblivious to such subtleties, felt a peculiar hitch in his breath. He couldn't decipher the depths of Leela's emotions, but the unspoken conversation held him captive.

Taking a deep breath, Leela began to sing, her voice soft and laced with a tremor of unshed tears.

"Poranae poranae... Poranae poranae... kathoda thoothalapola Poranae poranae... povaamathaan poranae..."

The first lines mirrored the impending separation, a bittersweet ache settling in their hearts. He was moving away, like a gentle breeze carrying the scent of rain, leaving a hollowness in his wake. Leela felt a pang of sympathy – was he too dreading the distance?

Leela continued, her gaze fixed on Aadhavan "Azhagaai nee neranja Adadaa pondhukul puviyal pola..."

You waft beautifully through my senses, like a languishing smoke curling in a burrow. Her words were a confession, a yearning for his presence, a vulnerability she hadn't dared expose before. Aadhavan felt a warmth bloom in his chest. He had always cherished their friendship, but Leela's words sparked a new awareness within him. Could it be that his feelings mirrored hers?

Aadhavan, caught off guard by the raw emotion in her voice, joined in instinctively.

"Poralae poralae kathoda thoothalapola Poralae poralae povaamathaan poralae."