(2) 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

☾☼

☾☼

THE NEXT morning Rhaella awoke earlier than usual, not that the young girl had gotten much sleep anyhow.

She had dressed as quickly as she could, wearing a dress her mother loved, anytime she'd wear it her mother would smile at her, telling her how beautiful she looks. She'd always look at her father after, hoping he'd agree, but each time she'd only get a small nod from him. Perhaps he's not feeling well. She'd always think to herself. That's why he doesn't say anything.

All Rhaella wanted was her father's approval, after all that's all that truly mattered right?

🌑

The young girl eagerly made her way down the stairs, the sound of swords clashing in the distance only making her fasten her pace. As she reached the bottom of the stairs the sound became more clear, the sound of people's whispers now being heard as well.

She looked around, many people giving her a soft smile, she kindly returned them until her gaze landed on Aegon training. She made her way over to him hoping Aemond was around.

She remained silent as she got closer, watching Luke practicing as well. If you could call that practicing. She thought. A smile had formed on her face as she saw Aemond approaching, sword in hand. He looked rather moody but his attitude faded when he saw Rhaella smiling at him.

He returned the smile immediately, Rhaella had been his favorite person since the day they met. She never belittled him like the others, she never joined Aegons jests, or laughed along. That wasn't the only reason he liked her though, she just had this strange affect on him, she could always make him happy. Perhaps the gods knew he needed some happiness.

He was taken from his thoughts, returning her smile once more and greeting her before he began training. The moment he started Ser Criston had something to say like always.

"Bend your knees." He spoke flatly, "Feet light." His tone was soft at first until he started repeating himself. "Feet light."

Rhaella let out a small giggle at the way Aemond rolled his eyes. Her mood instantly changed when she saw Aegon knock Jace's sword out of his hand.

"Don't stand too upright, my prince. You'll get knocked down." Criston spoke looking over from Jace to Aegon who was now staring at two Maidens walking by.

Rhaella let out a small groan of disgust at the boys actions causing him to face her. "Don't worry, you're prettier." He smirked, earning a glare from Jacaerys and her. When he noticed the glare she was shooting him he decided to rile her up some more. "You shouldn't even be here." He started, walking slightly closer to the girl.