(4) 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙨

☼

THREE WEEKS had passed since they had fled. The days seemed to be dragging for Rhaella. The only thing on her mind the first few days had been Aemond, she just wanted to know if her friend was alright. She hoped he was healing fine, that he wasn't in much pain.

Though now it wasn't her concern. Her life here was. Still she would pray that one day she'd get to see her friends again, that everything would be alright. Little did she know what horrors were waiting in the future.

🌑

As Rhaella ran her fingers over the grass, she let out a small hum, noticing a small insect crawling in the dirt. Memories from the times she would sit in the gardens for hours with Helaena as the girl told story's about the different creatures, or some story's she had read, flashing through her mind.

She used to treat those times like any other, because she never would have thought that one day they would come to an end. Sure they would grow older and become mothers and have no time for such silly things. But she thought they would become mothers together. Now she was just being a child. Silly girl.

"Rhaella?" a voice called out, bringing her away from her thoughts.

"Here!" The young girl called back, standing from her spot on the ground, watching as the figure grew closer. A smile forming on her face when she realized who it was. "Jace!"

"Hi!" The young boy came to a stop in front of her. Looking over her features before speaking again, "Would you like to go for a walk?" He questioned, sticking out his hand to which Rhaella eagerly put her hand in his nodding.

They had talked about everything and nothing as they walked for what felt like forever before Rhaenyra found them, ushering them inside as it was growing dark. She looked down at Rhaella with a soft smile, "Your father is in the library, he'd like to see you"

Rhaella's eyes lit up, "Really?" she questioned her eyes gleaming. Ever since they fled her father has been paying attention to her more, giving her the attention and love she craved. At least she thought he loved her.

"Really." Rhaenyra smiled

Rhaella noticed her father sitting down, a book in hand as she made her way towards him. "Father." She smiled

"Rhaella" He whispered, patting the seat next to him. As she sat beside him he opened the book in his hand, reading the first words on the page. "Would you like to hear more?"

"Please." She murmured, resting her head on his shoulder. She felt her father freeze for a moment, as he wasn't used to the physical contact. But just as quickly as he froze he fixed himself before starting to read to her. It didn't take long before she found herself unable to keep her eyes open, as her mind became fuzzy.

When Daemon noticed the young girl had fallen asleep, he closed the book quietly before standing, grabbing her gently and carrying her into her chambers. He placed her in bed carefully before he pulled her sheets over her, standing there for a moment. Rhaella looked so much more like him than his other children, that was something that pleased him. Before he knew it he found himself smiling down at her before he placed a small kiss to her forehead.

He hadn't been a good father to her, favoring the others over her. But that was going to change. He was going to be different now. He had to try, she deserves at least that.

Rhaella found the days becoming the same, the cycle never breaking. As the days past,  Jacaerys and Rhaellas bond grew stronger, they found themselves spending every moment they could together.

That was something that didn't go unnoticed by their parents. Rhaenyra and Daemon had many talks about the two, how alike they were, how Jace seems to dislike being around anyone but her. It was Rhaenyra who first mentioned the idea of the two being betrothed, quickly earning Daemons approval.

And soon the two young children would be told when they get older they would be wed.

And the desire Jace had for her would only grow stronger.

.・゜゜・・゜゜・.。・゚゚・.・゜゜・・゜゜・

I apologize this chapter was so short, but I wanted to add something in before the huge time jump :) !