A new friend

6/30/24-7/3/24

In a forest a fox was being bullied. One bully was holding his back, while two others were looking at an invention he made.

"No! No, please don't! Leave it alone, you guys!" the fox said and one of the bullies raised a large stick. "Aah! No! Keep away!" He said but the bully broke the invention anyway.

Later the fox was carrying the broken invention when he caught sight of Sonic and Knuckles stop nearby, look around, then took off again.

"Whoa, those guy's are cool! I wonder where they're going?" the fox said followed after them.

Soon he was at a beach and discovered the Tornado parked there. He climbed inside the cockpit.

"Wow, this plane looks pretty fast! But I bet I can make it even faster." he said, started tweaking the Tornado and even repainting it.

Meanwhile Sonic and Knuckles were standing behind him.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sonic asked and the fox turned around.

"Sorry, but when I see a machine, I can't help myself. I hope you don't mind I changed the engine to make it faster." the fox said.

"Hm. I like what you did with the color, too."

"Yeah. Looks pretty good kid." Knuckles said and the fox chuckled.

"Come and see what else I did." the fox said.

"So... You've been following us around all morning just to check out my airplane? Or is there something else you want?" Sonic asked.

"Well, you see, I like to build and repair stuff. So they all make fun of me. You looked cool, so I followed you, and when I found your plane, I figured I could fix it up and we could be friends! ...If you want to."

"Well, what's your name, pal?"

"Miles Prower, uhh, but my friends call me Tails."

"My name's Sonic and this is Knuckles."

"S'up?" Knuckles said waving.

"Nice job, Tails. We could use a mechanic and a friend."

"You mean that?" Tails said and she winked and gave him a thumbs-up.

"You bet!"

"She's right. Neither of us are that great with stuff like this." Knuckles said. "But I need to talk to Sonic for a sec OK kid?"

"Sure!" Tails said smiling and Knuckles grabbed her hand.

"Should we tell him what and who you are?"

"Not yet. We just met him and I don't know what'll happen." Sonic said and he nodded.