There's more than one team

Sonic was running through the desert when Tails and Knuckles came flying by in the Tornado 2.

"Hey look! It's Sonic!" Tails said and lowered the plane to greet her.

"Yo Tails! Long time no see!" Sonic said.

"Sonic! Check this out!" he said and held out a letter from Eggman.

Sonic jumped, grabbed it and started reading it.

"Muhahahaha! Guess what, Sonic Heroes... I've finally developed the ultimate weapon! In three days, I'll conquer the world. Think you can stop me? Ahahahaha!" holographic Eggman said.

"Hmm... sounds like an invitation to party!" Sonic said.

"What are we gonna do, Sonic..." Tails asked.

"No worries, we've got this one." Knuckles said.

"Heh, think I'd miss this?! Time to crack that Eggman wide open... Yeah, let's party!" Sonic said and Tails and Knuckles jumped off the plane and followed her through the desert.

Meanwhile Rouge dropped down into one of Eggman's vaults. Then she cautiously put her back to the door and entered the pass code on the keypad, and the vault opened. She walked inside.

"This must be it! I've found Eggman's secret treasure!" she said and approached Shadow, who was resting motionless in a stasis machine.

Suddenly, Omega boots up, marched forward and scanned Shadow and Rouge. Rouge operated the control panel and drained Shadow's stasis machine, freeing him, and the hatch opened. The moment Shadow opened his eyes, Omega violently tore up the place with gunfire. Shadow leapt forward and tackled Rouge to the ground.

"Stay here." he said.

"Shadow!" Rouge said.

Omega continued blasting his weapons around and tried to aim for Shadow, but he dodged his bullets easily.

"Must eradicate all Eggman's robots!" Omega said.

"Huh?" she said and Shadow resisted Omega's gunfire and jumped at him in retaliation, but she intercepts and broke up the fight. "Hey, hold up!" she said and feeling tired, looked around the wrecked room then sat on a ledge. "Now I get it... now I know what this is all about. You're mad at Eggman for sealing you in this room." she said to Omega. "And you... you can't remember anything, can you?" she said to Shadow who didn't respond, but she took it as a no. "Then it's settled. Now you two make up so we can start looking for Eggman, together!" she said then jumped down and pulled them closer and put Shadow's hand above Omega's, and then placed her hand on top. "Aw yeah, baby, this makes us a team!"

It was a sunny but windy day at the beach. Amy was lounging on a deckchair on the pier with Cream resting on a parasol, while "Follow Me" plays in the background. Amy is looking at an image of Sonic, Froggy and Chocola in a newspaper article.

"Ahh... I wonder where Sonic is?" Amy said then the wind suddenly picked up and blew the paper away. "Oh no!" She said, failed to grab the paper so Cream flew up and tried, but failed.

"Oh!" Cream said and Cheese swiftly soared forward and grasped the paper, much to Amy's relief.

"Chao!" Cheese said.

"Wooo..." Amy said while Cream and Cheese dropped down to the ground.

"Amy, please be more careful with our only clue." Cream said.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

The wind blew even harder now, strong enough to lift Cream into the sky despite her attempt to cling on to the pier.