New friends

It was a stormy night and the Egg Carrier was approaching Angel Island and Knuckles was sitting at the Master Emerald shrine, deep in thought as his eyes were closed.

"As far back as I can remember, I've been living here, on this dark island... Always guarding the Master Emerald from anything that can harm it. I don't know why I was given this job... Why it was my fate... Destined to be here...forever!" he said then heard a sudden crash. "What the...?" he said and turned around to find a something near the Master Emerald. "What's going on here? Oh no!" he said and saw Master Emerald had been destroyed. "Something has happened to the Master Emerald!" he said then turned his attention back to the creature. "Huh? Who are you? Did you do this? Ohhh, I'll get you for this!"

Then he tried to attack it but it leapt out of the way and crashed onto him.

"Ooomph!" he said and fell off of the shrine. "Ugh agh! Hey, no fair!" he said and ran back up the shrine but it dissolved as a puddle and left. "Wait! What's happening to you? Come back here! Wow! That was incredible! I've never seen anything like it!" he said and noticed Angel Island starting to shake. "Oh no! It's starting to happen. Without the Master Emerald's power, this whole island will fall into the ocean!"

Soon, Angel Island fell into the ocean, right next to the Mystic Ruins.

Meanwhile it was night and Big was fast asleep in his shack in the jungle area of the Mystic Ruins when there was an explosion nearby, waking up Froggy, who went to check. He came across a puddle of Chaos. The puddle suddenly lunged for him and attacked him. On his bed, Big started to stir and wake up.

"Huh... er... wha? Froggy, is that you? You're lookin' kinda weird, good buddy." he said and looked at Froggy's tail. "What's up with the tail?" he asked and Froggy swallowed Big's yellow Chaos Emerald. "Hey, wait a minute! You swallowed my lucky charm." he said and Froggy ran off. "Come back here... What's wrong with you? Something's not right. We've always been Friends... for years." he said and went after him. "Froggy! Wait up! Oh dear!"

Meanwhile in Station Square citizens mingled down the sidewalks on evening strolls. Above them, a helicopter flew low between the buildings heading for something. A red orb of light appeared to chased after it. Shortly thereafter, Sonic was seen bouncing back and forth off the sides of the buildings before leaping onto the roof of one to get a good look at Station Square's nighttime skyline.

"Ah, yeah! This is happenin'!" she said.

Suddenly hearing sirens, she looked down to see four police cars rushing to an emergency with screeching tires. She jumped down just in time to see them disappear around the corner.

"What's up?" she said and Spin Dashed towards the commotion.

The police cars had formed a perimeter in front of a large building. Two helicopters hover overhead with their searchlights on. Chaos 0 fell into Station Square, landing on the roof over the entrance of the building and just standing there. Many police officers surrounded it.

"You are completely surrounded! Surrender yourself!" an officer said and they aimed their guns at Chaos 0 and then it jumped closer to them, landing on the ground in front of them. "Lock on target, men! Ready?... FIRE!"

The police fired at Chaos 0, but the bullets simply dropped to the ground after colliding with Chaos, having no effect on the creature. It let off a low growl.

"Oh, no! Our weapons are useless! Retreat! All personnel, fall back!" the officer said.

Most of the officers retreated to safety as the one giving the command fired a few more rounds at Chaos 0 to cover their escape. Then Sonic arrived and jumped onto police car.