Part - 2 : Lan Xichen

Just to remind you this is just a flashback.
______________________________________

8:30 a.m.
Arrival in : Gusu.
Arrived from : Yunmeng.

Jiang Cheng and his nephew start to climb the never ending stairs of Gusu.

While climbing up high with his nephew by his side and his disciples behind of him. Jiang Wanyin recalls the time when he was climbed the very same stairs 14 years ago. But at that time he was with his beloved shixiong Wei Wuxian instead.

As he recalls those moments, his heart starts to feel kind of uneasy suddenly.
Knowing the past will never come back again, knowing he and his shixiong won't ever be the same again. His already broken heart starts to deteriorate. And an unpleasant expression appears on his face.

Somehow, Jin Ling managed to notice that. He asks, "Uncle, is something wrong?"

Jiang Cheng sighs and turns his head toward his nephew, he was surprisingly very soft spoken for the moment, "Mm, everything is alright."

Jin Ling nods, "Oh.?." and turns away but deep down he knew something wasn't right.

The disciples behind Jiang Cheng also managed to understand what was happening.

But by asking more they didn't want to make their Sect leader more upset.
______________________________________

As they finally reached the gateway of Gusu they could see the Gusu elders mainly Lan Qiren and some of the juniors waiting outside for them.

Firstly, Lan Qiren greets with a bow and says, "Good morning Sect Leader Jiang. It is a pleasure to see you again. I hope you've been doing fine."

All the others also bow.

Jiang Wanyin replies with a bow as well, "It is a pleasure for me as well to meet you again Grandmaster Lan. It has been a while since I came here. Seems you've been doing well as I am."

Lan Qiren, "Hopefully."

The other disciple begin to greet each other.

Jiang Wanyin, "I hope you will teach my nephew a lot as you did to me. I hope a lot from the best teacher in Gusu."

Lan Qiren, "Sect leader Jiang has flattered me enough. I am not that good."

Jiang Wanyin, "Hmm. Anyways, Sect Leader Lan didn't come to greet me?"

The Lan disciples stopped moving.

Lan Qiren also hesitated, "I guess.....you haven't heard. Xichen has been in seclusion since the Guanyin temple incident."

Jiang Wanyin gasps a little, "Oh. My bad- I mean I also just came out of seclusion so I was unaware of it."

Lan Qiren sighs, "It is absolutely fine. I can understand."

Jiang Wanyin, "Thank you."

Jiang Wanyin could see the overly excited face of his nephew. Jin Ling would always act as if he didn't cared about his friends, but just simple meets like this made him overjoyed.
Jiang Wanyin noticed, especially seeing the Smart one, his Shixiong's son basically.

Now that he thought of that, he wonders how Wei Wuxian teaches his son, talks to him, in what way he provides his love to a child. He was one of the child Wei Wuxian stayed with in the burial mounds and where he (Sizhui) got adopted from. So Jiang Wanyin wondered how his shixiong managed to give the child enough comfort to make him feel warm and-

Lan Qiren voice brings him back to reality again, "Your nephew, Jin Zongzhu will be escorted to his room by his friends. In the meantime, I will escort you to yours."