Bonding V2

HEYY IM BACK
GIVES YOU CHAPTER

FEAST MY CHILDREN
________________________________________________________________

no one's pov because its actually hard to switch povs

"Say, what d'ya do around here? Sit here  and be sad the whole time??" Jonah somehow managed to walk backwards while mantaining eye contact with Adam. Adam watched in awe but stopped to think. "The garden."

"What?"

"Uh- I like spending time in the garden." Adam responds quietly. Jonah gasped, walking closer to Adam. "The orphanage has a garden?!" Adam slapped his hand over Jonah's hand, groaning in frustration. "Yes, there is a garden. Most kids here don't know that the orphanage has a garden. It's my happy place." Adam slowly removed his hand.

"You won't tell anyone if I show you, right?"

Jonah's eyes lit up, a nostalgic smile creeping across his face. "Really??" Adam nods, signalling for Jonah to be quiet. He took Jonah by the hand as they started to go further away from the crowd. Adam took out a small key from his pocket and unlocked the garden gates. Above them read "Garden of Eden".

"Wow..it's so.."

"Enchanting?" Adam finished Jonah's sentence. Jonah nodded, looking around the garden. It was a simple garden, but a beautiful one. A chill ran down Adam's spine. Why did he feel like he knew Jonah, yet..

Yet it feels like he doesn't know a single thing about him..

"You spend your time here? By yourself? With no friends?"

"Yeah..?"

"No wonder you're so emo all the time!" Jonah chuckled, causing Adam to crack a smile too. "It's hard to talk to people, no?" 

"Not really, normally I just go to people and talk to them, that's it," Jonah ran his fingers along the hanging flower vines, the sunlight hitting the right spot at the rain on the flowers, making the raindrops shine. "So what do you do here? Sit here and be emo?" Jonah teased Adam, receiving a punch on the shoulder. "I read. The orphanage has a lot of books that everyone doesn't bother to read." 

Adam pointed to the pile of books on the garden bench. Most of them were Roald Dahl stories. There were some David Walliams books here and there, but most of them were Roald Dahl books. Jonah picked up a book and glanced through the pages. "The World's Worst Children?" Jonah read the book title outloud.

"I compare them to the kids at our orphanage. The children in those books act better than the children at the orphanage."

"Pfft-"

"Am I wrong?"

Jonah set the book down and ruffled Adam's hair. "They're not all that bad.." Of course they were. Just the other day Adam's pencil case was dumped in the toilet. The other kids disliked Adam for being so quiet and "creepy". He just wanted a friend, was there anything wrong with that?

The kids at the orphanage begged to differ.