Chapter 7

I was soon drained of all my strength, but I found it in me to keep moving. I told myself, Mira keep moving forward even when you do not have the strength to, even when you do not know where you are going to. Just keep moving as long as you can move. Move." 11

I took in deep calming breaths as I walked into the garden. It was too unbearable to watch the measly punishment Kabir was receiving for drugging and almost raping me.

Rape, that was the word he used to deny my allegations. He had tried to rape me.

My brothers were busy playing outside, they were too young to understand what was going on. Sid was seven and Vid six. It took my parents five years after they had me to decide if they wanted to have another child after me, because of the financial responsibilities that came with bearing more kids.

Although they were both educated they didn't have a stable job yet. We did have a roof over our head and at least we ate three square meals unlike most people who couldn't even eat once but it didn't mean that we were happy with what we had.

Everyone wants more, the more you get the more you want. I swore then to have so much more than Aunty Lisa because if I did then she would not have treated me like this.

I stayed outside until the noise coming from inside died down and even after it did I continued to stand outside.

I remained in the garden for almost an hour before I walked into Bella's room, hoping to have my privacy.

Bella followed me without me noticing.

She came to sit on the bed close to me and took my hands in hers. "He used to touch me too, I didn't understand. What does it mean?" Bella blurted out.

I stared at her with wide eyes. "Are you sure? I mean how.... I don't." I stuttered. I felt like a hand clutched my heart and pulled it out. I was panicking, right now that was the only thing I could do_panic.

She was just six how dare him do that to her? He's a monster. I thought angrily. I could deal with my own pain but I hated having to deal with that of others. I had so many questions like, Did he rape her? Has he taken away the innocence of this little angel? I was scared for her because unlike me, she would remain with him.

"Tell me what he did to you?" I urged her.

"Any time there is no one at home, he will touch me all over my body." Her voice was low, but not pained. She was too little to understand that what he did to her was wrong. "You do believe me right? is it bad? I don't understand tell me. He says he loves me."

She looked so confused It took me the grace of God to stop myself from crying.

She had so many unanswered questions, something we both had in common. I hated that I couldn't give her any answers. Yet, one thing was for sure I was definitely telling aunty Lisa this, so she knows that she had been harbouring a criminal, a wolf in sheep clothing.

I wasn't even considering what would be done to him I didn't care! He sure as hell deserved anything coming to him. I thought that if I told Aunt Lisa that her daughter was also a victim of his animosity she would then teach him a lesson. Then he would truly get what he deserved for touching me.

"Don't worry dear, you are fine." I assured Bella hugging her. A tear dropped from my eyes and I quickly wiped them away.