Brown and rich(II)

It was the day after Lorraine and her husband had an argument. She deliberately detached herself from everyone that afternoon. She didn't feel like speaking. The sheets drowned her into her gloom.

She couldn't help but weep and cuss at the brutal reality that dawned on her yesterday.

'He can't love me.'

Knowing that he didn't love her was one thing, but learning that he couldn't love her was another.

He can't.

Can't?

Was there something wrong with her? The tears pooled her face. It was almost vulnerability, but the rage shadowed that. How dare he?

She abruptly stood, releasing herself from her bedsheets. She then ran into the bathroom, which was made available in their bedroom. She leaned against the wall, crumbling to her knees whilst shoving her fingers down her throat.

It was a bad habit that gave her a 'release', although this time, the stabbing feeling of sadness in her stomach didn't leave. She sobbed, screaming and shivering as she sank into the tile floor.

The sound of her worrisome cries didn't go unnoticed by the servants and her daughter, who slowly began to knock on her parent's door. Lorraine ignored the knock. However, Lisa dared to open it.

She was old enough to comprehend that her mother was possibly harming herself. "Mom?" She asked as she took steady footsteps into her parents' room, searching for her mother. She felt bitter for worrying about a woman who made it clear that she never wanted her in the first place.

Lorraine carefully listened to the voice as she made her way out of the bathroom to see the teen who barged into her space. Lorraine just stood, looking at the girl who captured her father's face. Lisa didn't have many features to share with her mom infact she only carried the blonde and pale hair.

"Are you okay?" Lisa dryly asked, her voice being slow and careful.

"I don't want you here. I want no one." Lorraine bitterly replied. Her glare was quite hurtful to the kid who stood with hopes that her mother would learn to love her.

"But I'm your daughter... I did you no wrong." Lisa whispered this, her head hung down as an attempt to hide away the tears that poured out of her eyes.

Lorraine watched this. It didn't move her. She didn't care.

"And that makes you your father's daughter as well." She roared viciously, wanting the girl out of her room.

"Is that why you don't love me?" She raised her head this time, wanting to confirm what she had known all her life.

"I can't love you." There was a silence afterward. Lisa listened to the harsh reality. She knew her mother didn't love her, but learning that she couldn't love her was another splinter to her frail heart.

Was there something wrong with her? The silence was broken by Lisa's footsteps. She gathered the little strength she had and left her mother standing there, unapologetic. Lorraine didn't wait another second before destroying every single item that met her eyes. She roughly screamed as she broke significant objects and portraits.