Chapter 24

Author's note: Just two more chapters after this one before we say goodbye to Mason and Adele... 😔

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Where are my two favourite supermodels?"

"Oh, stop it Edward" Elizabeth laughed, hugging him. "You say that to everyone."

"I do not."

"You do" Toni chuckled, also hugging him.

"Ok, fine. I do, it's part of my job. But when I say it to you, I actually mean it. I am your daughter's godfather for a reason, am I not?"

"You are, yes" Elizabeth smiled.

"Where is she, by the way?" Edward asked.

"Here" she said from behind her mother and Toni.

"Nah... My Adele was a shy teenager glued to a camera, and you are a gorgeous woman!"

"She's always been gorgeous" Mason said.

"You all are gonna make me blush" Adele said, already feeling her cheeks get warm.

"Ok, ok. I'll stop" Edward laughed. "Come give me a hug. I've missed you, kid."

"I've missed you too" Adele said, hugging him back.

"And oh, Mason. Come here, my boy" he said, opening one of his arms to hug him and Adele at the same time. "Can't believe my two babies are now two adults who have fallen in love. Who could have thought?"

"Everyone" Mason chuckled. "Thank you for coming, Edward. It means a lot."

"Anything for my two favourite supermodels and their families" he smiled. "Should we begin? Are you ready, Mason?"

"Yes" he nodded.

"Then we better leave you alone. I love you" Toni said, kissing Mason's cheek.

"Love you too, mum" he replied.

"You can do this" Elizabeth told him, squeezing his shoulder before leaving the room.

"You've got this, Mase" Adele said with an encouraging smile.

"Wait, are you leaving too?"

"I... Yes?"

"Stay with me, Addie."

"What?"

"Can she?" Mason asked Edward.

"Of course. If she wants to, she can stay."

"Then please stay with me, Addie. If you are by my side I know I can do this."

"Ok" she said, taking his hand on hers and sitting down with him.

"So" Edward said, also sitting down and getting everything ready. "Where should we begin? Real or fake interview?"

"Fake" Mason said. "It'll help me relax."

"Perfect" Edward smiled.

A real and a fake interview. That had been Adele's big plan.

Mason needed to tell his truth, to tell the world what was going on, expose his agency. And even though just an Instagram post could have been enough, it would never have the same weight and repercussion as giving an interview to one of the most important magazines in the world and having the support of one of the most important people in the fashion industry: Edward, Adele's godfather and British Vogue editor-in-chief.

But his agency couldn't know about it. They had to believe he was going to give the usual interview that comes with a big cover, one where he talked about his career and his relationship with Adele. So she had come up with the idea of giving a fake interview that would be the one his agency would get to see, and a real one that would be the one getting published and printed and that everyone around the world would get to read.