025, mopey

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: MOPEY

     "GOD, YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS WHEN YOUR MOPEY."

Anthony looked up from the pillow he had his face buried in and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not being mopey," he said, his voice muffled.

"Then what are you?" Luce asked, not looking away from her computer screen.

They had a game that night, and even though she was still technically on leave, she had come in to work, claming at being at home all day with a baby was 'driving her so fucking crazy that she might bash her head against the wall' though she still claimed she wasn't being serious.

It had been a week since their fight, and Val still wasn't talking to him. He was trying not to let it affect him, but it was. He'd been hitting like shit and he'd even made a couple errors that a 2 year old wouldn't have made.

"I'm fine," he answered, adjusting his head so he was facing her.

"You're not fine," she stated, shaking her head. "You're all moody and shit."

"Shouldn't you be at home with your fucking kid relaxing or something?" he snapped, sitting up.

"Yes, but watching you be a little bitch is much more entertaining," she retorted, smiling. "And she's fine right there." She pointed at the carrier on her desk which held her sleeping daughter inside. "So I'm all yours, Kid."

"Lucky me." He laid back down and let out a loud groan.

"Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?" she asked, finally looking away from her computer. "You're never this moody."

"Nothing," he muttered, closing his eyes.

"Don't say nothing," she scolded, throwing a pen at him. It bounced off his head and landed on the ground, and he opened one eye to look at her.

"Can I help you?" he asked, his tone annoyed.

"Just tell me what's wrong," she said, leaning forward. "I give very good advice."

He was about to say something he'd probably get smacked for when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Luce called, her eyes still on Anthony. The door opened and Anthony Rizzo and Giancarlo Stanton walked in.

"Where are the snacks?" Giancarlo asked, his eyes scanning the room.

She raised an eyebrow, an offended look on her face. "'Hi Luce, so nice to see you. How are you? How's Lilah? Do you need anything?'" she said, a mocking tone in her voice. "No?"