Mr. Loverman

As all letters and invitations were sent out to families and friends. Portia could only worry about her problem. Jack Featherington. How could she get rid of the man? Who would help her? She stared off into the distance lost in thought not hearing the other person enter the room. "Mama?" The voice said. Turning around she met with her daughter, Penelope. "oh Penelope, I didn't hear you come in." Portia walked toward her and smiled. "Is everything okay?" Penelope asked her mother noticing the way she was lost in thought. 

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking that's all." Portia sat down at the small table. "About the wedding of course. I didn't think I would be marrying again after your fathers death." Portia sighed. "Oh Mama." Penelope took a deep breath and sat beside her mother. One of the maids that stood in the room poured them both some tea. "Thank you." Penelope whispered. 

The maid simply bowed and walked out of the room noticing the shift of mood in the room. The smell of Jasmine tea wafted through out the room and the smell of small pastries.

"I assure you that you'll just fine." Her daughter smiled at her as she took her hand into hers. "Of course my dear." Portia smiled at her. "So, tell me how did you two meet?" Penelope asked as she let go of Portia

"Well, I was young and well my parents never did love each other so I used to come to a tree an apple tree to exact. " Portia sipped her tea and cleared her throat. "I always had a book with me even though my mother, your grandmother, never approved. But I would read underneath that tree and one day I found a boy underneath it. He was severally beaten and I rushed to his aide."

"And soon it enough I found myself reading to him everyday as he rested his head on my lap." Portia chuckled. 

"But that's when my debut came out and I needed to marry into a wealthy family but my father had some issues he had and apparently he already promised me to a man twice my age. My mother never knew of the things my father were doing and she always kept silent when it came to my father." Portia put down the cup she was holding. 

"I planned to run away with him but one day I found a letter on the tree the day we both planned to run away together. I was left there in the rain with a soaked letter and my parents were furious that I had planned to do that. I wanted you three to find a love match. I didn't want to find matches like how my parents did mine." Portia looked at Penelope as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. 

Penelope stared at her Mama. The stuff that her mother had to endure while she lived with her parents. She, of course, didn't want anything to happen to her family. Everything can be hard to take in but once you've lived in this time period you could get over it. 

"Mama. I'm sorry." Penelope hugged her mother as Portia wipes the small tears from her eyes. "Now where is your soon to be husband." Penelope smiled through the tears she wiped from her eyes. 

"Well he should be coming back from a small trip he had to the country. He should be back tonight in fact. Since it takes so long to get there and here." Portia sighed. "Of course." Penelope gave her mother a tight lipped smiled. 

"Now dear, tell of your day?" Portia smiled as she looked over her daughter. 

"Well Varely was helping us with your grand-baby and Phillipa was simply stating that we should throw a ball." 

"As you should." Portia smiled at the young lady infront of her. "It would be a wonder to show off all of them." She smiled and looked the other way a small gasp escaped her mouth as she looked at the entrance to the drawing room. "Sister." Portia couldn't believe her eyes. She stood up quickly to another redhead. same height as her. "Priscilla?" She questioned. 

"Yes, Portia. It's me Priscilla. The one and only." The woman said as she strode into the room. "I see you haven't changed." Portia rolled her eyes and groaned. "Yes, I see you haven't either. Always full of yourself are you not." Penelope watched as the two glared daggers at each other.