Part 9

Late that night, they all walked back to the boundary, Jungkook holding Tae's hand again, loving the soft skin. When they stepped through the boundary, they were met with Jin and Mina, waiting for them. Jin's eyes fell on the intertwined hands of Tae and Jungkook, a frown forming between his eyes. "Taehyung? What is this? Is there something you want to tell me?" Tae swallowed hard. He didn't expect Jin to be there and didn't notice him. "Hyung, Jungkook is my mate, my partner, my special person." "What?! He is a man, Taehyung and a dark fae at that! (turning to Jungkook) What lies have you been feeding my brother? You meet for the first time, and he comes back with his head full of nonsense?" "Hyung! We didn't meet for the first time today. We met on my 18th, when I was sad. Jungkook became my friend and we fell in love!" "NO! I will not allow this, some dark fae brainwashing my brother!" "He is not some dark fae, he is Prince Jungkook! And I love him! His family were kinder to me than most of own people, his people didn't make snide comments about me being a flower fae! They accepted me for who I am, the real me, not how others want me to be!" 

Jungkook pulled Tae into his warmth, calming him down. "Flower, you must understand this is a shock for your hyung, he never knew we were friends. Give him time, ok?" Tae looked up, green into black. "I will not allow anyone to be rude and unfair to you, Koo, it is my choice and my life. I also deserve to be happy. I chose you." Jin watched this with wide eyes, he never saw this side of his little brother, this confident side. "Jinnie love, give this time, you can't make Tae's life choices or protect him forever. Let's talk calmly later" Mina tried to calm her husband down. "Taehyung, we will speak of this with our parents. For now, we need to leave, please come now." Jin tried to keep his voice even.

Jimin and Yoongi was looking at all this happening. They felt bad for Jungkook and Tae but knew they would do anything to help them.

Jungkook softly kissed Tae's forehead. "We will talk soon, flower. Be strong, I love you more than anything in this world." Tae clung to Jungkook, not wanting to let go "I love you Koo, so much. I will be strong. We will talk soon."

Finally letting go, they parted ways. Yoongi telling Jimin to take care of Taehyung, and himself, for that matter. Jimin promised.

The walk back to Tae's house was silent. Jimin holding Tae's hand the whole way, to show his support and give Tae strength.

When they entered, their parents saw Jin's face and immediately wanted to know what was wrong. "Our Taehyung found his mate...It is a man, a dark fae" Jin blurted out, causing his parents to gasp. "NO! Taehyung, what is he saying?" "I have found my mate, my other half, my person. It is Prince Jungkook of the dark fae. We have known each other since my 18th. We became friends and we fell in love. We both confessed today when we were at their palace. I love him, he loves me, and I am happy to be his." 

Tae's father looked like he swallowed a bullfrog. His face was red in anger. "How dare he?! Corrupting our innocent son for his perverse purposes! I will not allow this! I will not stand for this! You will never see him again; I will make sure of that!!" "Father! I am an adult; I make my own choices! And if you force me to choose between my happiness away from you, or sadness with you, the choice will not be a hard one! I will never mate with a girl. I am almost as feminine as a girl! And you expect me to settle for something I don't want and cannot ever be! I will not! I am who I am and proud of it! And my mate is a man, a strong, wonderful man, who loves me for being 100% me!" No-one has ever seen Tae so angry; they were stunned into silence. Their soft little flower fae had some crazy thorns buried underneath all the beauty.

"Tae, listen to your father, we know what is best for you. We will help you find a soft and nice girl to make you happy and have many babies. This will blow over and you will see we were right..." "No." "Tae, please..." "No" and with the last deadpan "no" Tae turned and left the house. Jimin following quickly.

The fae left in the house were flabbergasted. They have never seen Taehyung like this. "I tell you, that dark fae brainwashed him somehow, we should have expected something like this from them, why else the sudden urge to reconcile." Their father seethed in anger. Jin was furious. Mina on the other hand understood Tae more than his own family. 

"I think you are all wrong. Tae has never shown any inclination to even speak to a girl. His only friend is Jimin. We didn't know about the prince as he probably felt he can't tell us because of years of aggression and resentment between dark and light. Although, it seems that us light fairies are more the aggressors than the dark fae, the judgemental ones. They have never done anything to us, yet we teach our children that they are bad. So how can you expect Tae to tell us he has a dark fae friend? And you were just to blind to see that Tae will never have a wife, he will never bond with a girl. He is a flower fae for heaven's sake. But you rather ignored every time he tried to tell you. Now you are angry because he found his happiness in an unexpected person and place. You are wrong and you know it" Mina walked out, leaving an angrier Jin and parents behind. 

"Jin, you better keep your wife under control, she has no place to tell us about our own son." Jin just walked out. He was furious, but his wife's words kept playing in his mind. He always knew Tae was different, even though he was boy, he was not muscular or manly. He also knew other fae kingdoms had no problem with same sex bonds, but their own did not support it. Did that cause that many maybe were not bonded to their true love's? That they were actually unhappy with their lives? Jin could not picture himself with anyone else than Mina, she was his life, his true love. What would he have done if she was a boy, and he was denied his happiness? He didn't know.