chapter 2

[cheery fields.]

Yuri's life on the other hand, was more "simple".

The sound of silver clicking against stone floors emerged, as a long & red haired man walked into view.

"Mado!" the pink girl greeted with a smile of victory.

Just after Yuri greeted the other with a smile of victory, Madoka, the red head, inquired the reason of that smile with a smirk of his own.

Madoka is an assigned king's guard. Yuri was by no means a king, nor a queen. She is however, a princess. One that

Madoka is assigned the mission of protecting. His armor usually shone so bright, It'd give headaches to those who looked for too long.

Now, however, he sat in casual clothes, in the comfort of Yuri's presence.

"The deal's been made. If Todd's smart enough, he should at the very least cause disturbance inside the End empire."

Madoka's smile faltered.

"You went there on your own? You talked to him personally?!" His tone was raised, but clearly one of worry and concern.

"..Yeah? He wouldn't dare harm me. He needs me for the deal AND he would die right after if anything were to happen. I also told Minnie, relax."

After the mention of the new name, a blonde girl who was sewing a cloth with what seems to be the shape of a strawberry looked up. She was in the room the whole time, silently sewing her nerves away. She gave a nervous glance to Madoka, Who had a look of impatience on his face, then shrugged.

"Respectfully, Yuri, you could've gotten harmed so easily. Next time, ask someone to do it for you." He sighed out after a few seconds of silence.

Yuri knew of the dangers, she isn't a child anymore. Still, she felt bad making everyone else do every deal for her when she was perfectly capable.

Knights would refer to their princess' as respectful terms like 'your highness' or 'your grace', but Mado ceases these titles within close doors. They were more than Royal titles to eachother.

Minnie sighed before supporting Madoka's point.

"It's true, I know you wish to help us, but it is quite the risk." Then she called servants to prepare food for the three of them.

Yuri was quiet while recalling this familiar feeling, the vulnerability of letting others do things for her in contrast to to showing love to them by taking such risks.

It reminded her of a girl.

Whispers brought her back from her thoughts, she looked at their direction. Madoka was whispering a mix of critics and praise to Minnie's work. It looked very adorable, yet the nerves of the duck girl were showing in the form of clumsy lines of fabric.

It was comfortable like this, and Yuri exhaled in relief then smiled at the two of them.

They all turned at the sight of maidens approaching the table with food.

"Eat, delicate princess. You'd need energy if you want to keep taking such risks." Minnie said, in a teasing and non-serious tone of voice followed by a chuckle.