two hearts

a/n: season 3 thoughts?

All was silent for a few seconds. Those few seconds felt like eternity as you waited with bated breaths, hoping your biggest fear hadn't come true.

"Please..." You whispered.

As if your wishes were heard, you saw Hyun-su's hands move as he pushed the monster aside. He got onto his feet, panting heavily as he used his spear as support. His eyes were completely black, showing his monsterisation.

His eyes returned to normal just as you sighed in relief. Your eyes met his and you could see the bit of shame behind his gaze. He turned away and began limping back in the direction of his isolation room.

"If you were going to lock him up, why did you save him?" Jae-heon asked, looking at Eun-hyuk.

You watched as Ji-eun chased after Hyun-su just as he opened the door to the room. "Hyun-su... I'm sorry. I know we made things more difficult for you."

You looked back at Eun-hyuk, furrowing your eyebrows at him. "Change, Eun-hyuk. They're changing too."

The older one sighed before looking at Hyun-su. "This time, we'll let you choose."

Hyun-su looked over at you and Eun-hyuk for a few seconds before he pulled the door shut. You smiled, ready to head for him when Yu-ri suddenly stopped in front of you.

"You're not going anywhere," She said and grabbed your left arm. "I need to treat this."

Without giving you time to respond, she was dragging you to the common area and forced you to sit down. She had the others who were injured to join you as well so she could tend to all of you one by one.

She removed your flannel jacket, placing it aside. She took out her equipment and wiped away the blood with disinfectant.You winced upon contact but did your best to withstand the pain. Soon enough, your wounds were patched up by Yu-ri and you gave your thanks.

You got up from the ground, leaving the area to find Hyun-su. You didn't have to look far since you spotted him the moment you stepped outside. He was leaning on the wall with an anxious face.

"Were you waiting for me?" You asked, approaching him.

He nodded his head. "Your wounds... How are they?"

"They're bad, but I've handled worse," You assured him. "You, on the other hand, were pierced by that monster's claws. How are your wounds?"

"They're healing," He answered.

"You should still get Yu-ri to patch you up. I would do it, but I can't exactly move the way I want to," You explained.

Hyun-su shook his head. "I don't want to waste our resources on me. Unlike the rest, my wounds will disappear in a few hours."

"All right..." You muttered. "Do you want to rest with me? I'm feeling a little fatigued from that battle."

"Okay," He simply answered.

You took Hyun-su's hand and began leading him to the rest area. When you arrived, you saw that there was no one.

You dragged him to your corner where you slept with all of your belongings. You laid down on the mattress and patted the space next to you, gesturing for him to sit next to you.

He shyly sat next to you and leaned his back against the wall. He stared up at the ceiling, sighing as he did so.

You glanced up at him before leaning your head on his left shoulder. You felt him move as he presumably looked down at you out of surprise. You didn't dare look at him because you knew you'd be a mess if you did.