memories

"I should've known when you were sulking after killing that women."

Hyun-su looked up at Ui-myeong from the ground, coughing from the impact of crashing into a wall. Ui-myeong kneeled down and grabbed Hyun-su by his jaw.

"Wann hear something funny? Let me tell the truth," Ui-myeong said. "You didn't kill anyone... because that woman was me. Nobody can leave."

Ui-myeong was ready to walk away when he heard movement from Hyun-su. He turned around, seeing Hyun-su's right arm transform to some sort of wing. He smiled and began clapping in amazement.

"Hyun-su," You whispered, taking in the sight of his new transformation.

You could tell he was out of it with the way he smashed his right wing onto Ui-myeong, trapping him inside. You looked to the side, seeing Eun-yu stop Ji-su from throwing a molotov at Hyun-su.

You looked away from the sight, not wanting to see Ui-myeong dissolving from Hyun-su's wing. Hearing it was gruesome as it is.

"He's growing out of control," Eun-hyuk said and lifted a gun at Hyun-su.

"Stop! It's still him," You yelled, pushing the gun back down. "I'll try and stop him."

"Are you fucking crazy? No way!" Eun-yu shouted at you. "Just wait, okay?!"

"He's going to cause more harm if we wait," Eun-hyuk rebutted.

You were about to argue back until you spotted someone walking over to Hyun-su. Before you could figure out who it was, you heard the sound of flesh being pierced again by Hyun-su.

"Mr. Han!" You shouted when you saw him hugging Hyun-su.

"It's okay, Hyun-su," Du-sik said. "It's okay. It's not your fault. It's okay."

You looked at Du-sik, seeing him standing on his legs. He was the one to walk over to Hyun-su and stop him, but that was not possible. Not unless he was turning into a monster.

Your vision turned blurry as Hyun-su's wing began to shrink and return back to normal. However, the damage had been done to Du-sik. The man that you and Hyun-su first encountered in the apocalypse was the one to sacrifice his life to save Hyun-su.

You heard Hyun-su sobbing in Du-sik's hold. Both men fell to the ground. Hyun-su turned unconscious from the overwhelming shock of the situation, while Du-sik was nearing his end.

"Mr. Han," You whispered, taking a step towards him.

He looked up at you and gave a small smile. "You'll be okay. All of you will be okay. Live on."

He leaned back to the wall behind him and took his final breath, leaving all of you to mourn him. You clenched your hands into fists, growing frustrated at the loss of a life in front of you.

You wiped away your tears, looking around you. The others were silently crying as more than enough lives had been lost.

You turned back when you heard movement. You saw Hyun-su waking up and he sat up in a daze. He looked to his right, where he saw Du-sik's unconscious body. He stared at it, unable to stop the flow of tears escaping his eyes.

"Who is he?" Hyun-su asked. "Why am I crying? My heart... is breaking."

You couldn't help but let out a sob after hearing those words. Hyun-su had lost his memories as well, adding on to the gravity of the situation.

He stood up and walked towards you. "Y/N..."

You froze when Hyun-su leaned down, hugging you as he continued to cry. You hesitated at first as the image of his transformation flashed across your mind, but this was your Hyun-su. A lost, sad, and broken Hyun-su who wanted comfort.