reunited

You followed Dr. Lim to the observation chamber at the top of the testing ground. You were seated next to him while you watched the screen that displayed Hyun-su. He was covered in blood and had a metal cuff around his neck, hands, and ankles.

Your father stood next to you, watching carefully as he was there to bring Hyun-su to the testing ground.

Dr. Lim pressed a red button and it activated some sort of mechanism. One of the metal doors above Hyun-su moved upwards, causing a monster to fall down. It was much bigger than Hyun-su was.

"So, we meet at last," Dr. Lim spoke through the intercom. "Thank you for coming all the way here, Cha Hyun-su."

"What..." You heard Hyun-su's voice sound through the speakers. "What do I have to do now?"

"You'll find out soon enough. I take it you're willing to cooperate?" Dr. Lim asked.

"Yeah... if it means we can put an end to all of this."

"All right, Cha Hyun-su. I believe in you."

You watched as another researcher pressed a button on the side, causing blood to pour all over Hyun-su.

"Type Red. They show aggressive behaviour towards blood," That same researcher said.

"Put on a great show for us, will you? You have a special guest watching you," Dr. Lim teased with a cunning smile. "Show us that you're the true saviour who can put a stop to this destruction. Begin the first experiment on MH-6."

The monster stomped towards Hyun-su and swung its right arm, knocking Hyun-su into the wall. You sat up in distraught, worried now that Hyun-su had gotten hurt.

Hyun-su got up and broke the chains that cuffed his hands, allowing free movement. However, he was thrown once more by the monster.

"What are you doing, Hyun-su? Muster up your strength," Dr. Lim whispered, watching intensely. "I know you can do this. Come on."

The monster growled and grabbed Hyun-su by his throat. It ran and slammed Hyun-su to the wall again before ruthlessly punching the male.

"Hyun-su!" You exclaimed when you saw and heard the monster biting into Hyun-su's neck.

"Stop! I order you to stop!"

Suddenly, Hyun-su stilled and the monster pulled away. They both fell to the ground and Hyun-su kicked away the monster.

Your eyes widened when you heard the monster sobbing. Your shock grew even more when you heard the monster speaking.

"I just... I don't want to hurt anymore."

"Kill it," Dr. Lim ordered. "It served its purpose."

"Don't," You said. "Look at it. It changed. It's scared."

"It turned useless," Dr. Lim corrected you.

"Don't do this!" Hyun-su called out. "He's human, please! Don't do it!"

Your heart broke when you heard Hyun-su sobbing. You looked at Dr. Lim and only saw a cunning grin on his face.

"How interesting."

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────