8

I stared ahead in shock

I stared ahead in shock. Either this was a very small world or Malena knew more than I thought.

"What are you doing here, H..."

"Hi, I'm Peter," I interrupted before he could out who I actually was l in case it really was just a weird coincidence.

He looked down at my hand and shook it slowly, gradually realizing what was happening. "I'm Chris. It's nice to meet you."

Malena was holding on to his arm, squeezing his bicep as she leaned against him. Candy walked in, handing me my mug that I'd forgotten in the kitchen. "If I had an ex that looked like that, I'd call him up whenever I could, too," she whispered to me jokingly.

"Right," I played along, pretending to eye Chan.

I felt so confused by his presence though. What was he doing here? Where was Seungmin? How much did Malena and Candy know?

I took a sip from the mug, staring at Chan and wishing I could read his mind so I'd know what the hell was going on.

"Channie," Malena whined. "Do you want a drink?"

He turned to look at her, trying to keep his composure. "Sure baby. Why don't you go make me one...you know how I like it," he winked. She pulled away from him with a giggle and he slapped her ass as she walked away. Candy went to the kitchen with her to undoubtedly gossip about him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked in a low voice. "Where's Seungmin? Why are you going by Chris?"

"Me? What are you doing here? Don't you know who they are?"

"No," I shook my head. "Obviously not. Do they know..."

"Maybe not who you are," he interrupted. "But they know a lot."

"And why..."

I couldn't finish my sentence because they walked back in and Malena clung to him again. "We made everyone shots," she kissed his cheek, and they distributed the little glasses.

I hadn't planned on drinking tonight but figured one shot would be fine. I didn't want to appear suspicious since they'd thought I'd been drinking the whole time. "To a great night with our new friend!" Malena cheered, and we clinked our glasses together before downing them at the same time.

Chan moved to sit in a chair and Malena sat on his lap, running her hands through his hair. I didn't know how to feel about that. He was with Seungmin. Why was he here cheating on him?

Candy headed back to the kitchen to find some food and I stuck watching the two of them. "So glad you were in town, baby," Malena cooed. "I've missed you."