Haunted chapter 4

*1 year ago*

Isabella's POV

I just finished a shift at the dot our local coffee shop/bar, sometimes we host karaoke nights but as I was getting off my shift I get a message from my boyfriend Kenneth (aka my best friend) saying to meet him at his loft. It sounds urgent so of course I close up shop and head to his loft as soon as I can get there.

********************

Once I park my car I head up to his loft. As I'm going up the stairs I hear what sounds like kissing noises I furrow my brows and stop for a second then I shake my head and continue up.. but nothing could have prepared me for what I walked in on.

There he was my boyfriend naked on top of some blonde chick.. he looks me in the eyes as he releases in her.. tears fill my eyes I run down the stairs shortly after he follows me.

"Bella." He says grabbing my hand

I remove it "Seriously? I FUCKING LOVED YOU!" I scream

"Bella please, it didn't mean anything.. I've only ever loved you."

"Shut up. If it didn't mean anything then why did you look me in the eyes when you released in her?" I ask crying

"It was a moment of weakness."

"I don't care, you cheated on me! You lied to me! Worst of all you broke me." I say through tears

"Bella I love you."

"SHUT UP NO YOU DON'T LOVE ME! WE ARE DONE KENNETH FOR THE FINAL TIME!" I scream walking out.

***End of flashback***

-----------------

*present time*

Isabella's POV

I have no idea why that came to me but it did for some reason....

Am I that scared to love again? Will I ever love the same way again? Or is love completely off the table?

I'm pulled from my thoughts by Kelley we are currently at a local coffee shop that we've heard has the best coffee around.

"Isabella?" She asks

"Huh?" I ask

"The batista wants to know if you want foam or not for your latte?" She asks

"Yes please"

The batista nods.

Kelley furrows her brows "What's with you?"

I sigh "I had a flash back of Kenneth and that girl."

She tilts her head to the side "What do you mean?"

I give her a look then realization hits and her eyes widen.

"Ohh that one.. what made that come up?" She asks

"I'm not sure, I just think maybe I'm scared of loving someone again?" I ask

"I get why but you really need to just move on not all guys are like that." She says

"I hope you are right, but let's go I've got a date with Jason tonight for a romantic beach picnic." I say smiling

*************date time************

Jason planned a super sweet and romantic beach date for us. I try to clear my head but I catch myself staring at the water lost in my own world.

"Isabella?" Jason asks

"I'm sorry, what's up jason?" I ask

"Are you okay?" He asks moving closer

"I guess I really don't know."

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks

I sigh "My ex boyfriend cheated on me and released inside the girl while looking me dead in the face."

"Wow that's completely fucked up." He says

I nod "Yeah, I had a flashback of it today for some reason. I think I'm scared to love like that again.. scared to put my all in someone again just to be let down again.."

Jason places a hand on my cheek caressing softly with his thumb.

"Isabella? Look at me."

I look at him with tears in my eyes "I'm sorry Jason.. I get it if you don't wanna try this with me."

"Isabella.. I want to try this with you because I Lo- really like you."

I chuckle "Seriously? You don't mind trying to date a girl who's been broken?"

"You aren't broken, you just need to be loved properly. I'll be the man to show you that if you let me."

I smile and kiss his lips passionately he kisses back.

"Jason?" I ask

"Yes isabella?" He asks

"There's something else we need to talk about."

"What's that?" He asks concerned

"I'm leaving back to Kansas in August.."

He nods "Oh so what are you saying?"

"I'm saying you are absolutely perfect and I don't wanna lose you. I've already grown to having you around I just don't know how long distance would work."

"We will figure it out, for now let's enjoy each other's company and the time we have together." He says grabbing my hand

I smile "I completely agree."