Chapter 20

OMG guys! We made it! This is the 2/3 mark of FFM! Remember that decade chapters have double updates! I'm gonna miss my babies soso much ughhh. Originally, FFM was supposed to have only 20 chapters. But now, look at me, aiming for my least amount at 30 chapters. I never would have imagined that I would have 368 followers and 4K reads! Thank you sososo much everyone. I love you all. And for you guys, at the end of the book, I'm doing Acknowledgements, and a Q and A! Feel free to ask me any questions you'd like! Anyways, sorry for not updating for so long. I will also be taking a break the week after next as I am going on vacation. The duration will be 2 weeks. After that, I have school so updates might be a little slow, but I will update at LEAST once every two weeks. Thanks for everything! Please don't forget to vote, comment, follow me, and share. It means the world to me <3
———————-————

Shikha

"Shikha...I don't know how to tell you this...but I think those black suit guys are here for your dad...because of me"

"What?" I ask, flabbergasted.

Ayesha sighs, then looks at me.

"Those guys are affiliated with my uncle. I've told you before how he's a big shot right? Well, he's not just any old big shot. He became one by being an expert loan shark." Ayesha says, shaking her head.

"Oh god...I didn't know that my dad was in debt!" I say.

"That's the thing...he wasn't. But he did make some sort of deal with my uncle." Ayesha says.

"But...if your uncle is a loan shark, how'd my dad make a deal with him? What else could my dad have wanted if not money?" I ask.

"I have no idea...we need to find out" Ayesha says.

"But...why did you say that this was all your fault? You haven't seen your uncle in ages!" I say.

"Yeah...about that. I ran into him on the way here and he questioned me about Neil Sunder. I was so stupid...I told him" Ayesha says, tears filling her eyes again.

"Ayeshu...please don't cry" I said. "This isn't your fault. How could you have known that your uncle would send his men after my dad?"

"But- hic I- I- shouldn't have hic" Ayesha said between tears.

"Hey. You're Ayesha Krishnan, wife to Nikhil Krishnan. You didn't do anything wrong and I'm going to stand by that. You are a great person who pulled me out of despair along with Ava. I don't know what I'd do without you." I say, smiling at her.

I'd never seen Ayesha in this state, other than at her wedding. She was usually so bold and outspoken, and would never back down for anyone. Did she seriously believe that this was her fault?

I sighed. I still needed so many answers as to why Appa abused me and why his diary kept mentioning that he loved me. This was all some elaborate ploy, right? But, even I couldn't convince myself in the end. It was real, and I needed to uncover the rest of this story. I had thought I had time, but seeing the black suit guys told me that I needed to resolve this issue fast. It's been 23 years since Appa had had a deal with them. If he hadn't resolved it by now, he wouldn't resolve it ever. I had to help him. Not for his sake, but rather for our family's.

I started back to the Gopalan's house. Before I did any detective work, I had to take care of my personal life.

And my feelings for Shyam.