Swamp Initiation Pt. 2

Atar and Deriko continued walking through the swamp, continuing their search for a relic to take back with them.

"Be sure to keep your eyes open. You'll never know what kind of Grimm we'll run into," Deriko said.

"We are in a Grimm infested area. So we have no choice but to stay vigilant," Atar said.

"We could face a swarm of Lancers. Or we could run into a group of will sucking Apathy. Or worse, even the dreaded Nuckelavee!" Deriko said with a sinister chuckle.

"I've heard that last Grimm had already been slain," Atar said.

"Salem might create another or more," Deriko said.

"Whatever," Atar said with an eye roll.

They heard the sound of wrestling in the bushes. Atar and Deriko pulled out their weapons waiting for what was about to come out. The two lowered their weapons upon seeing what, or rather who was stepping out of the bushes; Mitra, and Lloyd.

"Lloyd. Mitra." Atar said.

"Any luck finding the location of the relics yet?" Lloyd asked.

"No, not yet," Atar answered.

"This is gonna take a while," Deriko added.

Before anyone else could say anything, the four then heard more wrestling from the bushes and trees. Crawling out from the bushes and trees were several large Grimm. These Grimm resembled that of spiders. They each have six red eyes, large bone fangs, eight legs that have sharp, boney blades at the tips of them, and a bone armored plating from their heads to their thoraxes. The thorax plating has red patterns that resemble that of a face.

 The thorax plating has red patterns that resemble that of a face

"What are those?" Mitra asked.

"Gloom Widows!" Deriko answered. " But I thought they were extinct!"

"Well it looks like there are some roaming about!" Atar said.

The four Huntsmen-in-training pulled out their weapons as the Gloom Widows closed in on them.

"Go for their undersides! There's no armor underneath!" Deriko said.

A Gloom Widow charge over at Lloyd as he and swiped its fronts legs at him, but Lloyd ducked and jumped away from its attacks before rolling underneath it an slashing at its torso. He rolled out from underneath the Grimm before it collapsed to the ground dead. Lloyd hurled his sickle at one of the eyes of another Gloom Widow as it screeched out in pain. Deriko rushes over and swung Mind Charge down and sliced off the Grimm's head. Another Gloom Widow crawled towards Deriko as he transformed his sword into his two guns and started firing shot after shot at the Grimm. The Gloom Widow spat out a green misty substance at Deriko as he ran to the side to avoid the attack.

"Watch out for that mist they spray! It's poisonous!" he warned the others.

Yasu parries an attack from one of the Grimm, and then backflips away from another attack from a second Gloom Widow. He counters by slicing off the two front legs of the second Grimm, and then cuts off one of the fangs of the first Gloom Widow. Yasu then thrusts one of his katanas under its the first Gloom Widow's head before using his semblance to hurl a burst of fire from his other katana at the other Grimm, setting it on fire.