Chapter Six

Marcus stuck to his word. He didn't leave my side. Even when I said I wanted a hot bubble bath, he ran the bath for me, somehow made the bubbles a foot high, then asked if he could sit in the bathroom with me.

"I...well, we've kind of not even seen each other naked yet," I said, my cheeks burning with awkwardness.

"If you're uncomfortable with it, that's fine. I just thought we could chat that's all, instead of being in separate rooms."

I pressed my lips together and looked at the mountain of bubbles. "Ok. Let me get in the bath first, then you can come in." A wicked thought crossed my mind. "On one condition."

He raised an eyebrow as he tweaked his lips into a smirk. "This sounds ominous."

"All I'm thinking is that if I'm going to be in there naked," I said, pointing at the bathtub. "Then it seems only fair that I get to look at something too."

His smirk changed into a grin. "You want me to sit in here naked with you?"

My entire body flushed with heat just at the thought, but I shook my head. "You've seen me in my underwear," I said, my temperature rising by ten degrees as I thought about that night in his bed. "But I haven't even seen you with your shirt off. It seems only fair that I get to ogle like you did."

A gentle laugh sounded from him, filling the room with happiness. "I must warn you first though."

I frowned. "Of what? Do you sparkle or something?"

"No," he said, chuckling. "If you faint at the sight of my godly body, it's at your own risk."

I burst out laughing. "Ok, Ryan. I'll bear that in mind."

"Ryan?"

"Ryan Gosling."

"He's blonde, Caitlyn."

"Have you seen Crazy, Stupid, Love?"

He shook his head.

I whipped my phone out of my pocket and brought up YouTube. I searched for the one scene that had literally made me gasp and say 'oh my god' out loud the first time I saw it.

"Watch this," I said, holding my phone out to Marcus.

I studied him as he watched it. His eyes twinkled with life, a soft edge lining the corners of them. His pink lips were slightly parted and I found myself craving to kiss them. He looked peaceful, serene, and I wondered if I would ever get to watch him sleep.

"I agree," he said, handing my phone back to me. "He's photoshopped."

I laughed. "He so isn't. Anyway, my point is, I didn't faint at that so I think I can handle seeing you."

He pulled me into him and tilted my chin up. "My dear Caitlyn. Seeing something on a screen is entirely different to seeing it in real life. But I take your point. Just bear in mind you have been warned."

I grinned. "Thank you for the concern for my health again but I'll be fine."

He pecked my lips and then said, "Let me know when you're ready."

I smirked and shooed him out of the door. As I undressed, I couldn't help but wonder what he would look like. Would he be a Ryan Gosling or something better? Was it even possible for vampires to have a stunning physique? It's not like they could benefit from protein shakes or red meat.

Slipping under the bubbles, my mind played with the idea of placing the bubbles strategically to tease him. Just a glimpse of flesh here and there. I loved the way he looked at me that night at his. I'd never had anyone look at me like that.