Chapter 1 When the doom arrives, it silences all dreams

The birth of tragedy ignites an endless cycle of destruction, consuming all the inferno of despair and leaving behind no trace of existence.

Well for a 15 year old girl, i never had a clue what that statement is about.

I lived a simple life, surrounded by a loving family and my best friend Ellie. Growing up, I also had a deep admiration for Ellie's older brother, Ryle, my childhood crush. My world was a warm and familiar one, filled with comfort and joy.

Ellie was the person I trusted my life with. We met when I was five and even though she was only two years older, she took care of me like a mother. We played with our Barbie dolls and hosted make-believe lunches. Although Ryle occasionally joined us, often rolling his eyes at our antics.

Over the years, she turned into my own personal ray of sunshine, effortlessly lifting my spirits with her laughter. Through every situation, no matter how grim, Ellie seemed to have this ability to make me smile again.

In contrast to Ellie, his brother was a walking contradiction. Despite his charisma that has the ability to attract anyone he wants, he had a very volatile temperament.

Ryle, Ellie and i attended the same school. However, I forgot to mention that Ryle had a gorgeous girlfriend named Rhea. She was older than me and had a way of making me feel like a mere supporting character in their love story. Despite my own feelings for Ryle, I had to admit that they were the most popular couple in our high school.

I usually maintain my distance from Rhea. As far as i remember, we only had one conversation in my entire life.

One morning when i met Rhea in the corridor, I couldn't help but notice the faint traces of red marks on Rhea's hand.

We weren't exactly friends, but I felt compelled to ask her,

"Rhea, what happened?" I questioned, looking at her with a mixture of curiosity and worry.

She averted my gaze, avoiding the question, and hastily left from there.
That was a bit rude.

Anyways, Ellie was aware of my secret crush on her brother, and at some point, Ryle also discovered my feelings for him. Despite the monotony of our daily lives, Ryle's decision to break up with his girlfriend Rhea came as a bit of a surprise. He was initially quite worked up about it, but as time passed, he seemed to have composed himself. Or so I thought.

One evening, Ellie's parents were preparing for a trip out of town, and she suggested we have a movie night since her older brother Ryle wasn't home. We excitedly set up a makeshift cinema area in her living room.

As we were deciding on a movie to watch,
Ellie turned to me and said, "You know, I'm glad we're having this movie night. It's been a while since we hung out together."

"I agree," I replied

"I've missed hanging out just the two of us."

Ellie suddenly asked a question i wasn't expecting
"So, I know you've had a crush on my brother for a while," she said, eyeing me curiously.

I could feel my cheeks flushing as I stumbled over my words. "I... ah.. well..."

"Come on," Ellie said, grinning mischievously, "You can tell me."

I fidgeted nervously, feeling exposed. "It's...it's just a little schoolgirl crush, that's all."

Ellie raised an eyebrow. "Just a little crush? Pfft. Everyone in school knows you've been crushing on Ryle since like... forever."

"Hey, hold up," Ellie suddenly said, her eyes going wide.

I shot her a confused look. "What's wrong?"

Ellie facepalmed, "I completely forgot that we need snacks for our movie night. I'm going to have to run out and grab some."

I was a little bummed, "Do you have to go right now? We haven't even started the movie yet."

We were living on the outskirts of the town so i knew she would be late. I was left alone in her home, blissfully unaware that fate had other plans. Little did I know that this seemingly ordinary evening would mark the beginning of something far more sinister because the tragedy that was about to unfold seemed to have a mind of its own.

and out of nowhere i saw Ryle entering the room in frustration.

The doom had arrived.