Epilogue

Ronon kicked off his boots as he waved goodbye to John Sheppard and Teyla Emmagan, the jumper dropping him off for a few days in this secluded part of the mainland on Atlantis. Since the incident with the Genii and Jules, this place had been a haven of quiet.

He smiled as he took in the sight before him.

"Took you long enough."

Ronon sunk to the sand beside Jules, who lay on the sand, arms spread wide, peaceful grin on her face, eyes shut. Since she'd nearly died, Jules had taken life slower. On a trip to the mainland with Teyla a few weeks after she awoke, the Athosian had brought her to this spot to swim. Jules had loved the feel of the warm sand between her toes, the sound of the crashing waves, the mist on the breeze in her face. It'd brought her such peace, he'd asked Teyla for permission to build a small hut as a retreat for her recovery. Months later, they regularly returned together to escape the demands of life.

Jules had sworn off missions, instead spending time in therapy, healing both body and mind, as well as conducting training with the Atlantis crew and the Athosians and serving as mediator for Zelenka and McKay's inevitable arguments. Ronon continued his missions with AR-1 and no longer worried for Jules's safety and sanity.

"Sorry, little warrior. The mission took longer than expected. McKay collapsed a wall, Sheppard and I had to dig us out."

"Leave it to good ole Roddy to cause a crisis," she chuckled now, turning her face to Ronon and locking her unseeing gaze on his eyes. "Welcome back."

Ronon leaned down and kissed her. "Missed you."

She laughed. "No, you didn't."

He smirked. "Okay, we were a little busy, I was distracted."

"Adrenaline junky," she muttered and kissed him again. "Did you bring the cake?"

"Of course."

"And you've got a few days of leave?"

"Sure do."

She hummed in response, wiggling her eyebrows. "Well then..."

As she reached up for another kiss, Ronon hurled her over his shoulder. She squealed as he raced toward the water.

"No, don't-" Jules shrieked before Ronon tossed her into the waves before diving in beside her. He surfaced, laughing as she sputtered. "Oh, you are in sooo much trouble, mister."

Ronon grinned at the smile on her face. "Bring it on, little warrior."

Then she wrapped her arms around him before shoving his head under the water. When he surfaced, he kissed her, and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"I love you, Romeo."

"I love you, little warrior."

THE END