That damned teapot

First things first; I'm so sorry for abandoning this book for so long but I really needed to focus on my very own Super 4 fanfic, Wicked. Seriously, go check it out if you haven't; my blood, sweat and tears go into that silly story every single time I sit down and write about it.

I know I probably said at some point that I was going to talk about the Lost World but HEAR ME OUT on this one.

Thanks to a conversation I recently had with Wat3rm3l0n3, I came up with an explanation for the very VERY whacky stuff surrounding the teapot.

Most of us Super 4 fans have, at some point, stared blankly at our screens when watching yet another chapter where someone, for some reason, at some moment in time, wants to steal Kingsland's sacred teapot.

That could very well be just because it's a textbook Mcguffin, but we're not here to classify what type of plot device it is, we're here to yap and try to unravel what it actually does and why every single breathing living being under the sun wants to get it so bad.

Why would EVERYONE want it?!

The Baron

He's probably the one that gets explained the fastest. Even though I've come up with a more "complicated" reasoning that also affects him, which I'm obviously gonna explain later on, we can easily assume that he wants it to prove that he is as powerful as the king, he wants it for the authority it grants him.

The pirates (and kind of everyone else)

Let's take a look at that one time travelling episode, shall we?

In that episode, Sharkbeard stole the teapot from the castle. Now, that should be no surprise. No, the surprise lies in what he did not steal. What I mean is: the pirates successfully intruded the castle and reached the treasure room, the most safely kept one in case there's more than one, meaning they had access to many of Kingsland's various treasures, yet they still chose to take only the teapot.

It's shiny and made of gold, so of course the pirates wanted it. But why only take that, if the room was probably full of many more shiny golden artifacts? Well, hold on to your seats because I found a pretty solid hypothesis.

The teapot's magical abilities are actually just making people obsessed over it. Mind control, if you'd rather call it that.

The pirates weren't in control during that heist, and neither were the other fifty antagonists that tried to get it.

The teapot had already been mentioned to possess some kind of magical abilities that were never specified, neither were they ever actually shown. That could be because they aren't visible and nobody actually realises that they're active. They can sense that there's magic in that thing, but none of them is aware that they're actively being affected by it.

That's it for the teapot! I don't know why it took me so long to get this theory together, but well, there it is. I don't really know when I'll get to write the Lost World's part since this chapter was born purely of a sudden rush of inspiration and well, Wicked's still taking the spotlight. Patience is key, I guess!

See you sooner or later!