Chapter 6

My father sighs with his arms crossed. He's sitting across from me at the breakfast table as I dig into my food. Now that I'm eating for two I've been really hungry. I eat a lot more than I used to. You can see my baby bump finally starting to form. I still can't believe I'm having a child. At least It didn't happen by someone I don't love.

"Dad can't you smile. I literally saved you from a mafia lord." A look up at him from my plate.

"No I cannot. I don't like being in this place with all these enemies around me." He says looking around so paronoid.

"Dad stop please! These people are our family now. I'm Rocco's wife and carrying his child." I roll my eyes.

"Alessandra Rocco is gone. That title holds no weight on a dead person." My father snaps.

I lower my eyes and he closes his. "I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Once I kill Marco you can go back to our home, but I'm staying here." I know Rocco would want our child to live here with the most protection.

"You can't stay here Alessandra. You're my daughter."

"I'm married father. I'm old enough to make my own decisions. If you don't like them you can leave when it's safe." I finish my food ignoring my father.

Marcelo walks into the kitchen and I smile up at him. "Any good news?" I ask.

"They have a lead on Marco. They want you to come to the dark room to look at it. Then after that Sophia says there's a ball tomorrow you need to get ready for." Marcelo says.

I really don't want to throw this ball. It's a mandatory ball for all of Rocco's allies to come to and mingle. He hosts them twice a year to make sure everyone is still alive and allied.

I'm going to have to announce myself as the new leader of this mafia. Of course Rocco's father didn't agree with it, but he has no choice. I'm the mother of Rocco's child therefore the title is mine.

"Okay. I'll head down there once I'm done eating." I say taking another bite of my buscuit. Marcelo leans against the wall as he waits.

"So he's given you access to all of his secrets too?" My fathers eyes widen.

"They aren't just his secrets anymore. Their mine also." I say finishing my food and then standing up.

"Please stop father or you might loose me forever." I say dusting off my hands and then following Marcelo to the dark room. Once we walk in I'm reminded of that day. The only day I ever came in here.

Rocco was angry at me and he pinned me to the wall by my neck. In that moment I wanted nothing more than to get as far away from him. Now I love him.

The woman with black hair and blue highlights comes up to me. "Nice to see you again Alessandra. I need to show you something." She pulls me over to her computer.

"What is it?" I ask.

She starts typing really fast. "Okay so you know the day Rocco got shot." She asks.

I know it all too well. She looks at me and cringes at her words. "Shit sorry. Okay Marco was injured and ended up going to a hospital. He logged in this address. Rookie mistake!" She starts.

She pulls up a wearhouse on a boat on the shoreline. "I found the place and it lead me here. So one of his Rookie's must have put this in without him knowing. So I got the details and put them in and found about 6 of Marco's wearhouses. He's only at one of these though so you have to pick carefully or he'll be notified that we know of all his hiding places." She says.