All Cards On The Table

I endlessly paced the room and waited. I waited for someone. Anyone to tell me what the ultimate ultimatum was. I was nervous although I knew that Castiel would protect me. Although he wouldn't protect Xavier.

     Instead of resorting to frustration, I knew that I had to move around otherwise I might just go insane. So, I gathered some clothes and demand that Samson at least take me to the bath house.

     He obliged.

     I set my clothes on the bench, take off my make-up and draw my bath. I tried not to pay attention to the competitor at the end of the bath-house. She was reading a book, eating grapes and drinking red wine.

     I think she pretends not to notice me as I slip into the water.

     I try to pretend like I can relax. I need to find a diversion. If I can manage to get away from Samson, I could find Xavier and ask him about what happened. I knew if Persephone knew the two of us were alone together, again, I'd be in big trouble. But I didn't care.

     "I heard you had quite the eventful night," Jasmine's voice taunts me from behind her book. "How is your new servant treating you?" I could practically hear her smiling. How would she have known? Did she see Xavier and I dancing together? "Unless you have a pussy made of gold, sweetheart, you won't string Castiel along forever. He's only interested in you because you're interested in that servant. How do you think Persephone knew where to look? Hades checks the cameras."

     "How did you know?" I swim to the edge of the tub, gripping the walkway with the edges of my fingers. "You tried to get me thrown out of the competition."

     Jasmine momentarily puts down her book, smiling at me. "You think I'm going to be the only one that wants you gone? You broke the rules, Ariel. I saw it. I saw you dancing. I saw the hand-holding. I saw that look in your eyes - like you had a secret. So I followed you."

     "And what exactly was it that you saw?"

     "Everything."

     Silence.

     "Now might be an appropriate time to start begging for your life."

     The way I saw this: I had two options. I could tell her to go fuck herself. Two? I could give into what she wants. Persephone knew we hadn't been reading in that dark library. Curiosity, as always, manages to get the better of me. "What do you want, Jasmine?"

     "Well," Jasmine drawls. "I want time alone with Castiel."

     Thinking about Jasmine watching our private show sent shivers up my arms. If Jasmine saw everything, she would have had to be quiet and she would have watched from the darkness of the second floor. "Why?"

     "You don't get to ask the questions, Caverly." Jasmine says. "All you have to know is that I want more time alone with Castiel. I've got a little pull with Persephone. An advantage. Who do you think it was that got Xavier reassigned?"

     "And who is he reassigned to?"

     "Me." Jasmine leers, finally putting down the book and sipping her wine. She slips out of the tub, and wraps a towel around herself. "Well, and kitchen duty." She pouts. "He listens to whatever I tell him to do. He doesn't question it. He'll be your downfall, Ariel, and if you're lucky . . . I'll keep you on as a servant after this competition is over. You wouldn't have to hide anymore."

     "What would I have to do?"

     "It's called the elimination game, hon. You, of course, will go last. Point fingers. Make situations work to our advantage. The Prince already fawns over you. He wants what he can't have." Xavier's words.