Chapter 20 • A little bit of hope

Akutagawa P.O.V

When I woke up, everything around me was white and my stomach was hurting.

Did I get into heaven? No,that can't be,I would've gotten into hell.

My eyes scanned the location,nope I'm in a hospital,that's not heaven.

But how did I get here? Did I get reborn?

„AKUTAGAWA?! YOU'RE AWAKE!“

I turned my head slightly to see Atsushi sitting at the bed side,his face was tear stained and his eyes were red and puffy.

That means...I'm alive.

I actually made it. „A-Atsushi?“

A big smile appeared on his face,it looked so beautiful.

„Yes,it's me,I'm here and I'm not gonna leave.“ He said while coming closer,leaning down and wrapping his arms around me.

It felt so good to be held by him. I struggled to wrap my arms around his back but I could manage.

I'm glad that I'm alive, otherwise I couldn't experience this. I just want him to hold me and never let go.

„I'm sorry...I'm so,so sorry...I wish I was there...I wish I could've protected you...“ He said through tears. It was clear that he cared a lot.

I gently started rubbing his back, trying to calm him down. „It's fine, you're here,I'm here,I'm still alive. Everything's fine now.“

We got interrupted as a short,ginger haired man came in. His face was also tear stained and his eyes watery. „A-Akutagawa...! I'm sorry I couldn't protect you...!“ He wiled his face but the tears just wouldn't stop flowing.

„Chuuya...it's fine...I'm alright now.“ I guess a lot of people care about me...good to know. I know it's only two,but seeing how upset they are just because I was about to die,shows how much they care about me.

„AKUTAGAWA-SENPAI!“ Someone threw the door open and stormed in. It was Higuchi. She was crying like a little child who dropped it's ice-cream. It was kinda adorable to be honest.

Just one person wasn't here.

One person I really wanted to see.

One person that doesn't seem to care that I almost died.

Dazai-San.

I sighed. Seriously,what did I expect? It's not like he's gonna care just because my life almost ended. At least I have Atsushi.

At least I'm in Atsushi's arms. I don't need Dazai,he won't notice me anyways, regardless of how hard I try. I'm just someone that doesn't exist to him. But I don't mind anymore...Everything I need is right here...Chuuya,my best friend and the love of my life. I can't ask for more.

I had to stay in the hospital for a few days since my stab wound was pretty deep and even slightly damaged one of my organs,not an important though.

Atsushi always visited, almost every day. Chuuya and Higuchi weren't that often here because they had a lot of work to do,but that's fine,I had Atsushi so it wasn't boring.

It was the day where I got released from the hospital today,my stomach wound was fully recovered. I walked out of the hospital where Atsushi was already standing,ready to bring me home.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N: 535words.
Hey,so,I decided to not put smut in here because it would ruin my storyline:) Anyways,I hope you enjoy it,I'll probably update the story tomorrow, I mean today, in a few hours, it's 1:48 am🥲