(Chapter 40)She's A Goddess) Used to be a one shot

Summary:
You never know what might happen at the ice rink.

Marin was not a confident skater, unlike the other show offs in his class, his friend Alan had about the same skill level as he did, but the show boating classmate of them all was Charlie. Go figure.

Marin thought Adrienne looked like an angel gliding around the rink gracefully, and watching her left him in a daze.

"Earth to Marin, hello?"

"Hm- huh? Oh, thanks, I spaced out again didn't I?"

"On a cloud with your angel, eh?"

"She's not an angel, she's a Goddess." Marin sighed dreamily as Alan continued to laugh.

"Who's a Goddess?" Natalie had appeared behind them and Marin almost jumped out of his skin.

"Oh, hey Natalie, didn't see you there."

"The ice rink has a flow, you're supposed to keep moving." She pointed out, edging past them before Adrienne skated past them as well.

"Here's your chance, go talk to your angel." Alan laughed again, shoving Marin out into the flow.

Although he would have preferred to skate out there on his own, he was glad Alan always had his best interests at heart.

He hadn't had wanted to compete with Charlie for Adrienne's attention, but Charlie was nowhere to be found, so this was the perfect chance.

He picked up the pace to try and catch up with her, but there were too many people in the way; and he began to lose hope.

His moment was gone and she was starting to get further and further away.

Charlie would be back any time now and what did he think was going to happen? Would she really just appear in front of him and ask him how he was?

She wasn't Noire Cat, that was something his partner would do, not his crush.

Little did he know, Adrienne did notice him and had slowed down so he could catch up.

She was not aware that he had been staring at his skates and day dreaming about her saying hello, but since he wasn't catching up she turned around to find out why.

Normally he had merely dreamt that she'd say something like that, so when she said something to him he just assumed he was imagining it and ran right into her, knocking them both over before he realized who he had just collided with.

Alan had witnessed the whole scene unfold, along with some other bystanders.

One of them was Charile, who had returned to the rink just in time with his cup of cocoa.

Alan simply shook his head and felt rather bad for Marin's bad luck and stupidity but Charile was livid.

The cup that Sabrin had fetched him was now smashed in his hand and thrown into the snow as he stormed over towards the two, who were now making their way off the ice.

"Woah- I'm sorry! I didn't see you-" Marin explained as he helped her up.

"It's fine Marin. It was my fault I started-" She began only to see Charlie tapping his foot with his arms folded over his chest.

"Wow what a clutz. Careful Marin, you break it you buy it."

That was the last thing Marin wanted to hear, that annoying judgmental voice he wanted to avoid was now standing right behind him.

What? Did Charlie sprint over to them?

"Chaz, it was an accident." Adrienne chimed in but Charlie turned his nose up at the excuse.